Question Help with music hosting/ftp solution

I am setting up some small websites as offshoots of my own website and need to host music.

Here are the key things:
    - traffic will on average be fairly low
    - music will be uploaded by the authors of the music (so no copyright issues)
    - need FTP access for multiple users (i.e. different username and password for each user with access to their own dedicated upload/hosting space)

I know that lots of webhosts can provide one FTP username/password so I could host music for one website, but who/how would it work to give 20 people (or maybe even 200 people) their own login?

All ideas appreciated

Check out site5.com. They offer packages that will support the space/bandwidth requirements. They also offer unlimited FTp accounts.

Will these individuals all need access to the same area on the server or will setting up individual FTP Accounts in cPanel suffice?

Thanks for the info aingaran - do you have a link to page that explains about the unlimited FTP accounts? (I can't see it mentioned)

TSP Host - it would be best if each user had their own space and couldn't remove files added by others.

It would also be good if we could allocate a set amount of storage per user - though I'm not sure if this will be possible.

http://www.site5.com/superhosting/comparison.php

At the bottom, click on the "Site Administration" link.

If I'm understanding you correctly, I would think you'd be able to create multiple FTP Accounts and subdomains in cPanel for your users. It would obviously be quite tedious to do manually but with a reseller account it wouldn't be hard to automate the process.

Okay, that sounds like a good idea.

Do Site5 and other similar priced hosts provide adequate performance for audio streaming?

Who else on here is having some audio hosted somwhere?

Have you found Site5, GoDaddy, etc good for music? Who provides good bandwidth with slowing down?