Thread: Names

Names

Ok so as posted a little bit ago in another thread, I am thinking of changing my name being that I am about to have Forge Hosting completely branded and professionaly done. I want a simple, short but easy flowing name for my company however my brain is coming up dry. If anybody here has a bit of time could you try to brainstorm with me? I am willing to send someone a few bucks through paypal if they can help me come up with a good name lol. If not I understand , but ill be active on the forums for about the next hour or so, and even after that Ill probably be on aim so, help me out guys! :/
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Great webhosting deals! Forgehosting.com

Have you tried my two methods I put in the other thread? One being using random keys from your keyboard and blending with "networks" "host" "solutions" etc? Or the one where you take drug names and cut them in half, and blend with "net" etc.

Example:

From http://www.fda.gov/cder/index.html:

Bextra
    Vioxx

BexNet
    VioNet

Those are just two off the top of my head, they have a whole list of prescription drugs you can fool around with (no pun intended).

I hope this helps!

Edit: an example of the first method would be my company, Refresh Networks (web enabled keyboard has the 'Refresh' button )
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Haha yea actualy, I saw your post earlier today and let me tell you I went through every medicine bottle in the cabinet LOL! I even found some stuff that I really didn't want to find; it was something along the lines of gynecol or something. Yea so it was for femine and to keep the moderators happy...rear end itching?

Yea so anyway I got a few cool names out of all of that however I think someone may have already come up with that one because they were taken . I also find this interesting; I searched google for a list of medicine names and on the right side there was an ad for a company who specialized in company names and branding etc. I thought that was pretty interesting...
    Morgan McLean
    Forge Hosting

Great webhosting deals! Forgehosting.com

What can I say? My methods work! Try the link I gave you, I'll try to find the full list in a few minutes for you, but it really does work.

Here you go: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cder/drugsatfda/

You can even download the full list
    Last edited by Bofu2U; 04-30-2005 at 06:19 PM.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Grab a dictionary!!

A dictionary will give you a good start. As for me, I picked my name iHostKing.com because I wanted to be an Internet Hosting King,

I actually registered a couple of other brand names as well. Take you time, be patient, and it will come to you.

There was another reason I picked my name and that is for it's resell value. I figure if I don't make it in the hosting game, someone will pay some pretty good coin for the name!!
    Norm
    www.iHostKing.com/
    Internet Hosting & Design