Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I will leave this thread, to all the goats and drama starters.

That directory was created by the old tulinonline tech support, years ago. I did not even know of the directory.

Its obvious its someone's personal directory as almost every file in there is for use with someone's personal server.

Not a webhosting, or application server.

Second, we have legal licenses for Windows 2000, not 2003, thus we dont offer 2003.

I recommend everyone in this thread, to stop making rash assumptions as in the end, it just makes you look like trash when the people with clue actually read them.

I leave this thread now, to all the instigators, drama queens, sheep, and anyone else who is jealous or has it out for us.

We are an upstanding company, with an excellent service.

The mistake of one tech who isnt even with us anymore, who used one of the servers as a personal file repository will not be blamed on us as a company.

Thanks,

P.S.

AlphaRed is a corporation in of itself, TulinOnline was the corporation in 2002 however we have seperated and now operate differant branches.

The Phillipino corporation has no association to the USA AlphaRed.

Yes, our Cogent uplinks are still in Tulins name, we just havent had them changed; as up until this point, we didnt see the need to have to contact Cogent to need them changed.
    Last edited by Sagget_H; 04-30-2005 at 05:54 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

That directory was created by the old tulinonline tech support, years ago. I did not even know of the directory.
    The directory had Apache 1.3.33 in it, it's not years old. Again, if you want to prove WHT wrong, I recommend taking some pictures of those legal licenses. I'm giving you an easy out to the whole issue..and to further prove that it's simply Frank (JHosts) out to get you.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
    425.298.2282 nn@demandmedia.com
      0 Not allowed!

Apache is a server software, not a directory specific software. If the server was upgraded, of course it will show that version.

I will get some pictures of our LEGAL Windows 2000 licenses.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Sagget_H
    Apache is a server software, not a directory specific software. If the server was upgraded, of course it will show that version.

No, in one of the directories, it had the Apache 1.3.33 tarballs. Take a look Chris, you're the one who disabled the site I'm sure.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, you said the directory hasn't been used in years? Take a look at http://paservers.info/main2.gif

Im pretty sure I see April 23, 2005 in there. With other 2004's and 2005's in other pictures and such. Apparently it'sn ot years old eh?

And if the two companies are separated, how did an employee of orangefiber remove the directory so quickly? Apparently you are still affiliated?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by kernelpanic
    Edit: Ananke's account has since been disabled. What is going on here?
    I think ananke's been banned for a little while now.

I know my friend was talking about them, and i was poking around and noticed that

~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony
      0 Not allowed!

Did I say it hadnt been used in years? I said it was created years ago.

That right there is enough proof of the drama floating around here, that even words are being twisted around.

Chris is Ananke, he showed me this thread, and yes he's the one who had it disabled just now.
      0 Not allowed!

As per my 3rd post back, I am now leaving this thread.

If anyone has any questions they may contact me at sagget@orangefiber.com

We retain our stance that this is a personal folder, not a company folder. Almost all software in that directory has no use being used on a web server, and we do not offer Windows 2003 at this point in time.

So if everyone wants to keep the flame on for an employee's personal directory, do so as you may.

P.S. I also hope that you all do realize that we are not a small reseller, we have no need to operate in devious or illegal means.
    We own and operate 2 datacenters in downtown Houston, and are expanding to a third.
    We have no need/wants to have warez for company use. All our company software is burned onto DVD's as we image servers when they are installed.

Thanks,

Last edited by Sagget_H; 04-30-2005 at 06:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

If anyone has any questions they may contact me at sagget@orangefiber.com

We retain our stance that this is a personal folder, not a company folder. Almost all software in that directory has no use being used on a web server, and we do not offer Windows 2003 at this point in time.

So if everyone wants to keep the flame on for an employee's personal directory, do so as you may.

Thanks,

What about the legal windows 2000 licensing? Also, why is it that you sell windows 2000 for free, but dont sell windows 2003, the newer, and much cheaper version at all?
      0 Not allowed!

?
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JHosts
    What about the legal windows 2000 licensing? Also, why is it that you sell windows 2000 for free, but dont sell windows 2003, the newer, and much cheaper version at all?
    We dont offer Windows 2003 because we dont have an SPLA agreement with MS for 2k3 architecture.

That is another valid point, why would we need to have warez copies of Windows 2003, when we can get them for less than $20 and charge people for them? An SPLA isnt -that- hard to get, we just haven't done it yet.

It seem's as if AlphaRed is being grilled because we do not conform to the "standards" of products offered by the current leaders in the market.

If we do not want to offer Windows 2003, but do 2000; that is a company decision, not something to be taken and strewed as something immoral or illegal on our part.
      0 Not allowed!

No problems Harold..just post some pictures of your SPLA agreement for W2k (with proper blurring to ensure nothing sensitive is revealed) or pictures of a few of your CDs (if you don't have an SPLA, you should have one CD/box per server?)

I'm giving benefit of a doubt here, but with the bad evidence revealed you can't expect everyone to just believe you becaues you say it's not true..shouldn't be hard to post the above and prove your innocence.
    Nick Nelson
    Sr. Director & GM, VAS
    Demand Media
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, realize though that this is the weekend, I am contacting the owner as I believe he has the CD's at home or in the main office.

If I cannot get the needed pictures up today, I will as soon as I get them.

I also feel sorry that an ex-reseller who still has servers with us would do such and thing and have everyone belive an untruth.
      0 Not allowed!

I just want to say this, I am getting ready to move to Orange Fiber for some co-location space, and I see this as a non-issue, mainly because I have seen this many times and most of the time it is done by an employee. I have been in many federal govt instalations and have seen this type of thing, even though they had site licenses for everything the would used the cracked ones because it was easier to obtain and install it some times.

Cheers,

TD
      0 Not allowed!

We dont offer Windows 2003 because we dont have an SPLA agreement with MS for 2k3 architecture.

That is another valid point, why would we need to have warez copies of Windows 2003, when we can get them for less than $20 and charge people for them? An SPLA isnt -that- hard to get, we just haven't done it yet.

It seem's as if AlphaRed is being grilled because we do not conform to the "standards" of products offered by the current leaders in the market.

If we do not want to offer Windows 2003, but do 2000; that is a company decision, not something to be taken and strewed as something immoral or illegal on our part.
    Harold - If you read my first post, I was looking into OrangeFiber as I was interested in reselling for you. We currently resell servers for 3 different datacenters, and push whatever offers we think will work at a certain time - Your offers would definitely work at this time.
      0 Not allowed!

I finished reading this topic, and I really can't understand what's the fuss is all about! Some tech uploaded some warez for his personal use, yes warez is wrong and illegal, but, OrangeFiber clearly says they did not know about this!

This is directed to the topic writer -> Instead of making a fuss and posting a thread with 'OrangeFibet/AlphaRed/TulinOnline = Scumbags' title, why not email OrangeFiber about this folder with the warez?

I am sure they would solve your issue immediatly having it explained and removed! I just don't get you guys sometimes, why run posting this amazing "find" and not email OrangeFiber before?

Try considering your steps next time!

<<Signature to be setup in your profile>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-30-2005 at 09:05 PM.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZoneServ.com
    I finished reading this topic, and I really can't understand what's the fuss is all about! Some tech uploaded some warez for his personal use, yes warez is wrong and illegal, but, OrangeFiber clearly says they did not know about this!

This is directed to the topic writer -> Instead of making a fuss and posting a thread with 'OrangeFibet/AlphaRed/TulinOnline = Scumbags' title, why not email OrangeFiber about this folder with the warez?

I am sure they would solve your issue immediatly having it explained and removed! I just don't get you guys sometimes, why run posting this amazing "find" and not email OrangeFiber before?

Try considering your steps next time!

OrangeFiber was shady with me in the past. Im sure they would cover it up, and play it off like it was nothing. I don't believe that it was an employee, seeing as how old it is. You mean to say nobody in a team full of network engineers and personnel, ever found out about that, after it has been around for years and years? No way is that true.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-30-2005 at 09:07 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

OrangeFiber was shady with me in the past. Im sure they would cover it up, and play it off like it was nothing. I don't believe that it was an employee, seeing as how old it is. You mean to say nobody in a team full of network engineers and personnel, ever found out about that, after it has been around for years and years? No way is that true.
    OrangeFiber was shady with you, that doesn't make them shady!

Check out large warez sites, and see some are being hosted by large and known DC's, does that makes those DC's shady? (NO) Their DC's are full with network engineers and personal engineers and they didn't find out about it!

How can it be? Simple, they can't monitor every directory in every server to see if theres warez or any illegal stuff inside! That's impossible.

No way it's true? Well it's 'Sad but true'.

Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-30-2005 at 09:09 PM.
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.
      0 Not allowed!

I don't believe that it was an employee, seeing as how old it is.
    If it wasn't an employee, then who put it on their server? Santa Claus?

Let them respond. Witchhunts accomplish nothing.
      0 Not allowed!

Alright, JHosts, you're being rather hypocritical again. You call OrangeFiber shady, and yet you list false contact info in your domain WHOIS info, and you disappear for a week with very little advance notice (Didn't you announce it the night before on IRC? Yeah, that's sure advance notice. Why not post it on the site?) There are alot of complaints about you, and what's even more shady is that you post a potentially modified AIM log and see it as an excuse to claim that OrangeFibre is bad. I'm getting tired of your constant complaining about OrangeFibre, when you, yourself, have some work to do when it comes to customer relations!

And, as Harold said, it is/was an employee's personal space. One of the benefits of working for a company in the internet services industry is the opportunity to have some free personal space for your use. There's probably a very good reason why TulinOnline's site isn't up anymore - It's not in business anymore! It's been dissolved. The servers are probably up only because they're being used for current OF employees. Heck, when I operated a webhost, my employees got free space, and a subdomain so they could put up a site. I only had a few employees, so it was easy to monitor it... but when you get to the point where you have entire datacenters and it's a multinational company, monitoring employee space usage is really a challenge.

Anyone who just posts something on a public forum WITHOUT talking to the company first is more of a scumbag than the company would appear to be. When you find something that you do not approve of, you don't just exploit it like you want attention and praise. It's just childish to point fingers without even looking at the reason for those files being there.

To topic creator: And how exactly did you find this subdomain? I'm sure that not everyone tends to poke around in company servers when they make their decisions.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZoneServ.com
    OrangeFiber was shady with you, that doesn't make them shady!

Check out large warez sites, and see some are being hosted by large and known DC's, does that makes those DC's shady? (NO) Their DC's are full with network engineers and personal engineers and they didn't find out about it!

How can it be? Simple, they can't monitor every directory in every server to see if theres warez or any illegal stuff inside! That's impossible.

No way it's true? Well it's 'Sad but true'.

They said nobody could tour their datacenter, and refused to show pictures. They hide their MRTG graphs, and when they were viewed, there was full congestion. They dont need to monitor every directory in the server, but at least for their own web site they can. They just skirted around certain things.
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 04-30-2005 at 09:11 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

They said nobody could tour their datacenter, and refused to show pictures. They hide their MRTG graphs, and when they were viewed, there was full congestion. They dont need to monitor every directory in the server, but at least for their own web site they can. They just skirted around certain things.
    It's their datacenter. THEY have the right to restrict YOU from touring. Not just you, they can restrict everyone. It's for security and safety. Millions of dollars worth of equipment and data are stored in their datacenters - Would you feel safe if they let outsiders into the datacenter, just to look around?

And I can EASILY make a network look congested. The whiners who showed pictures of their MRTGs showed PICTURES. Not a live updating graph. PICTURES. All it takes is to access it during a very busy time and take a picture. Simple as that. And I dare you to go look at any other MRTG of another datacenter. Utilization will be just as high, because no matter what a server is doing, when it's connected to the network, it sends all kinds of data.
      0 Not allowed!

They said nobody could tour their datacenter, and refused to show pictures. They hide their MRTG graphs, and when they were viewed, there was full congestion.
    Yeay, that's very topic related!

As said before, it's their Datacenter and there is no obligation or law I know about which says they must let you visit their DC.

MRTG graphs show they were 'full congestion'? I have a server, and I get great speeds - where's the logic in what you say?

They dont need to monitor every directory in the server, but at least for their own web site they can. They just skirted around certain things.
    I can't understand, they don't need to monitor every directory on the server (ex: an employee directory) But they do need to monitor their own website?

Well, if that's the case, what's the problem? The directory with the warez was on one of the employees free space.

Gil .
    Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Hey Gil... have you ever wondered what people would say if they DID monitor employee space?

"OMG INVASION OF PRIVACY!"

Just my $0.02
    I don't care what any of you gold-diggers say. I trust OrangeFibre and I am highly considering doing business with them.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by flashwiregsn
    Hey Gil... have you ever wondered what people would say if they DID monitor employee space?

"OMG INVASION OF PRIVACY!"

Good point, didn't think of that.

Best regards,
    Gil - ZoneServ.com.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast