Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 89
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,760

    OrangeFiber/AlphaRed/TulinOnline = Scumbags

    I've been researching OrangeFiber, as I've had an interest in reselling high bandwidth, low cost solutions such as the ones they posted here. I found out that AlphaRed/OrangeFiber is owned by a Filipino company, Tulin Online (tulinonline.com's main page isn't up anymore, OrangeFiber's DNS goes to TulinDNS.com). While doing some research on them, I happened to stumble across a subdomain of TulinOnline.com that had a bunch of warez on it, but that also seemed to be used for their staff to have local copies of some legit ISOs or other programs. I've opted not to post the address here (and I blacked it out in the screenshots), but the mods may contact me if they want the full address.

    http://paservers.info/alphared-proof.gif - That links Tulin to AlphaRed
    http://paservers.info/main1.gif - Directory Listing 1
    http://paservers.info/main2.gif - Directory Listing 2
    http://paservers.info/absolute.gif - Absolute FTP Crack
    http://paservers.info/dragon.gif - Dragon Naturally Speaking Crack
    http://paservers.info/dreamweav.gif - Dreamweaver w/ Serial (that serial is all around google)
    http://paservers.info/kazaa.gif - KazaaLite + an MP3
    http://paservers.info/macro.gif - Macromedia Folder w/ Serial
    http://paservers.info/more.gif - More Keygens
    http://paservers.info/morestuff.gif - Wow! Windows 2003 & XP Anti-Product Activation Crack.
    http://paservers.info/office2k.gif - Office 2000 with a well publicized serial
    http://paservers.info/partition.gif - Partition software w/ keygen
    http://paservers.info/partition2.gif - PartitionMagic w/ Serial (1st Txt file)
    http://paservers.info/serv-u.gif - Serv-U Crack
    http://paservers.info/winternals.gif - Winternals Administrator w/ KeyGen

    I'd advise anybody looking into AlphaRed/TulinOnline/OrangeFiber/IdealBandwidth/BudgetServ to seriosly consider otherwise. Microsoft may want to see this, too, and check on all of the Windows licenses at the AlphaRed datacenter...

    -Josh
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,175
    someone's in hot water.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Indiana, US
    Posts
    1,354
    Nice find Josh. Someone's in trouble.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    337
    wow and they seemed to be the new hit..
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Josh,

    A friend of mine who was looking todo some heavy business with them says thanks.



    ~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Wow......and I had just sent them an email as a serious pre-sales inquiry.

    Would you care to PM me the full URL so I can verify this for myself? I'm not accusing you of anything, but I've seen a lot of pro-OF and anti-OF bandwagoning going on.


    Edit: how do we know that this isn't an internal folder? My company put installers and stuff on private portions of its website so techs didn't have to carry around discs......which is within the license agreements.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Originally posted by kernelpanic
    Wow......and I had just sent them an email as a serious pre-sales inquiry.

    Would you care to PM me the full URL so I can verify this for myself? I'm not accusing you of anything, but I've seen a lot of pro-OF and anti-OF bandwagoning going on.
    I hardly think that's neccessary - I can second Joshua's find. I found the same thing after 10 minutes of google searching. I took one screenshot myself just to show you that it does exist, surely you wouldn't think we all are out to get OF?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails tulinonline.jpg  
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,888
    Originally posted by kernelpanic
    Wow......and I had just sent them an email as a serious pre-sales inquiry.

    Would you care to PM me the full URL so I can verify this for myself? I'm not accusing you of anything, but I've seen a lot of pro-OF and anti-OF bandwagoning going on.


    Edit: how do we know that this isn't an internal folder? My company put installers and stuff on private portions of its website so techs didn't have to carry around discs......which is within the license agreements.
    Uh, yeah. Because if you legally own the software you most definitely need cracks and keygens.


    Owned.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Originally posted by westcan
    Uh, yeah. Because if you legally own the software you most definitely need cracks and keygens.


    Owned.
    No, no ownage present. Have you ever worked for a technology consulting firm? Keygens/cracks are standard practice for when the person with a customer's licensing details (inc. prod. key) is unavailable yet the install needs to be done immediately. This practice is legal for the most part, and I've even been told by vendors to go ahead and do it.


    I'm not trying to defend them, but I just don't want to jump to conclusions.
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    337
    just weighting in, after a 10 sec google search i found the direc, it doesn't seem very legit to me, lots of keygen's and cracks in there.
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    367
    Ouch, nice find Josh.
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by kernelpanic
    No, no ownage present. Have you ever worked for a technology consulting firm? Keygens/cracks are standard practice for when the person with a customer's licensing details (inc. prod. key) is unavailable yet the install needs to be done immediately. This practice is legal for the most part, and I've even been told by vendors to go ahead and do it.


    I'm not trying to defend them, but I just don't want to jump to conclusions.
    So explain the illegal mp3's? Or having kazaa lite on their network, a known program that has illegal files.
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Originally posted by kernelpanic
    No, no ownage present. Have you ever worked for a technology consulting firm? Keygens/cracks are standard practice for when the person with a customer's licensing details (inc. prod. key) is unavailable yet the install needs to be done immediately. This practice is legal for the most part, and I've even been told by vendors to go ahead and do it.


    I'm not trying to defend them, but I just don't want to jump to conclusions.
    There's nothing legal about keygens/cracks and I find it absurd you would suggest a vendor tells you to do it. Completely absurd.
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Hey, here's a little something from Ananke here on WHT (OrangeFiber on AIM, real name Chris).


    (22:34:12) OrangeFibre: every single person
    (22:34:14) OrangeFibre: in that ****ing thread
    (22:34:17) OrangeFibre: does the same thing
    (22:34:25) OrangeFibre: the only reason we're being scorched for it
    (22:34:30) OrangeFibre: is because its an open dir and they foudn it
    (22:34:33) OrangeFibre: which wont be for much longer
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Is it possible that this could be someone's personal server? I mean why would they have some of those software in the first place? Just wondering.
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Originally posted by JHosts
    Hey, here's a little something from Ananke here on WHT (OrangeFiber on AIM, real name Chris).


    (22:34:12) OrangeFibre: every single person
    (22:34:14) OrangeFibre: in that ****ing thread
    (22:34:17) OrangeFibre: does the same thing
    (22:34:25) OrangeFibre: the only reason we're being scorched for it
    (22:34:30) OrangeFibre: is because its an open dir and they foudn it
    (22:34:33) OrangeFibre: which wont be for much longer
    I know we don't use any illegal software - I'll be glad to take a pic of the MS 2k3 box and key if anyone would like. I'm betting that EV1Servers and ThePlanet don't use illegal software.

    Folks who are with OF, keep in mind when Microsoft gets wind of this, if they choose to pursue it which they most likely will, none of your data is safe...I would not trust your businesses being ran by these folks right now, not knowing that the base of their operation appears to be ran on completely illegal licenses.
      0 Not allowed!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
      0 Not allowed!

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    191
    Thats a bit of harsh not to mention liberlious statement to make before orangefibre have had a change to say anything in there defence although it dosn't look good it must be said.
      0 Not allowed!

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,888
    That's interesting. I didn't know "everyone does it" was a viable defence, I mean, (although I am no expert!) I believe if you steal a car because "everyone is doing it" it is still a crime.
      0 Not allowed!

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Originally posted by JHosts
    So explain the illegal mp3's? Or having kazaa lite on their network, a known program that has illegal files.
    Now you're losing your argument...

    illegal mp3s? Who says? They could own the CD.

    Kazaa Lite might have illegal files, but the app itself is legal. if Kazaa Lite was illegal because it had illegal files, Usenet itself would be illegal too..and so woudl the internet, I mean, the internet allows you access to illegal files right?
      0 Not allowed!

  21. #21
    Originally posted by nickn
    I know we don't use any illegal software - I'll be glad to take a pic of the MS 2k3 box and key if anyone would like. I'm betting that EV1Servers and ThePlanet don't use illegal software.

    Folks who are with OF, keep in mind when Microsoft gets wind of this, if they choose to pursue it which they most likely will, none of your data is safe...I would not trust your businesses being ran by these folks right now, not knowing that the base of their operation appears to be ran on completely illegal licenses.
    It would be SCO who went after them for illegal linux licenses

    But seriously, is there any proof that the people at OF are doing anything shady, or is this just a slightly related company, or just one tech who put up some illegal stuff?

    I mean, I see some files that most likely shouldn't be there, but still, no proof as to who did it, or why they are there.

    Or are we missing something?


    Edit: Ananke's account has since been disabled. What is going on here?
      0 Not allowed!

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by DosGrandeBea
    Is it possible that this could be someone's personal server? I mean why would they have some of those software in the first place? Just wondering.
    The FBI will be taking a look into their operation. Microsoft is going to check licensing on all the servers. Based on this information, the windows 2000 only OS's that orangefiber offers could be illegal. Now why would a company sell windows 2000 and not windows 2003? Everybody knows windows 2003 is substantially cheaper than 2000. Also, tulinsonline is the owner of AlphaRed who owns orangefiber. In fact, all of orangefiber's bandwidth comes from tulinsonline. Try this in window's prompt:

    telnet rwhois.cogentco.com 4321

    Then when you're connected type in orangefiber.com's IP:

    66.28.206.119


    You'll get the following information:

    %rwhois V-1.5:0010b0:00 rwhois.cogentco.com
    66.28.206.119
    network:ID:NET-421CC80015
    network:Network-Name:NET-421CC80015
    network:IP-Network:6
    6.28.200.0/21
    network:Org-Name:Tulin Online
    networktreet-Address:Unit 801 Taipan
    Place Bldg, Emerald Ave, Ortigas Center
    network:Cityasig City
    networktate:n/a

    networkostal-Code:n/a
    network:Country-Codehilippines
    network:Tech-Contact:ZC10
    8-ARIN
    network:Updated:2004-01-22 08:47:36
    network:Updated-By:dbruns

    %ok
      0 Not allowed!

  23. #23
    We DIDNT admit to ANYTHING.

    We DO NOT OFFER Windows 2003.
    That is someones personal directory.

    Almost EVERY single file in there is a WINDOWS file, tell me how that would help us in any way when the only servers we offer are *NIX and Windows 2000.

    The win32 files that ARE in there, are obviously for someones personal use.

    The "everyone does it" statement, was not a justiciation of what is there, personally even I didn't know about that directory.



    ________

    Harold Sagget
    OrangeFiber.com
    Last edited by Mike V; 10-03-2008 at 02:59 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
      0 Not allowed!

  25. #25
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
      0 Not allowed!

  26. #26
    I will leave this thread, to all the goats and drama starters.


    That directory was created by the old tulinonline tech support, years ago. I did not even know of the directory.

    Its obvious its someone's personal directory as almost every file in there is for use with someone's personal server.

    Not a webhosting, or application server.

    Second, we have legal licenses for Windows 2000, not 2003, thus we dont offer 2003.


    I recommend everyone in this thread, to stop making rash assumptions as in the end, it just makes you look like trash when the people with clue actually read them.


    I leave this thread now, to all the instigators, drama queens, sheep, and anyone else who is jealous or has it out for us.

    We are an upstanding company, with an excellent service.

    The mistake of one tech who isnt even with us anymore, who used one of the servers as a personal file repository will not be blamed on us as a company.


    Thanks,

    ____________
    Harold Sagget
    OrangeFiber.com



    P.S.

    AlphaRed is a corporation in of itself, TulinOnline was the corporation in 2002 however we have seperated and now operate differant branches.

    The Phillipino corporation has no association to the USA AlphaRed.

    Yes, our Cogent uplinks are still in Tulins name, we just havent had them changed; as up until this point, we didnt see the need to have to contact Cogent to need them changed.
    Last edited by Sagget_H; 04-30-2005 at 05:54 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  27. #27
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    That directory was created by the old tulinonline tech support, years ago. I did not even know of the directory.
    The directory had Apache 1.3.33 in it, it's not years old. Again, if you want to prove WHT wrong, I recommend taking some pictures of those legal licenses. I'm giving you an easy out to the whole issue..and to further prove that it's simply Frank (JHosts) out to get you.
      0 Not allowed!

  28. #28
    Apache is a server software, not a directory specific software. If the server was upgraded, of course it will show that version.

    I will get some pictures of our LEGAL Windows 2000 licenses.
      0 Not allowed!

  29. #29
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    Originally posted by Sagget_H
    Apache is a server software, not a directory specific software. If the server was upgraded, of course it will show that version.

    I will get some pictures of our LEGAL Windows 2000 licenses.
    No, in one of the directories, it had the Apache 1.3.33 tarballs. Take a look Chris, you're the one who disabled the site I'm sure.
      0 Not allowed!

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Hmm, you said the directory hasn't been used in years? Take a look at http://paservers.info/main2.gif

    Im pretty sure I see April 23, 2005 in there. With other 2004's and 2005's in other pictures and such. Apparently it'sn ot years old eh?

    And if the two companies are separated, how did an employee of orangefiber remove the directory so quickly? Apparently you are still affiliated?
      0 Not allowed!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    4,845
    Originally posted by kernelpanic
    Edit: Ananke's account has since been disabled. What is going on here?
    I think ananke's been banned for a little while now.

    I know my friend was talking about them, and i was poking around and noticed that

    ~Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony
      0 Not allowed!

  32. #32
    Did I say it hadnt been used in years? I said it was created years ago.

    That right there is enough proof of the drama floating around here, that even words are being twisted around.

    Chris is Ananke, he showed me this thread, and yes he's the one who had it disabled just now.
      0 Not allowed!

  33. #33
    As per my 3rd post back, I am now leaving this thread.

    If anyone has any questions they may contact me at [email protected]

    We retain our stance that this is a personal folder, not a company folder. Almost all software in that directory has no use being used on a web server, and we do not offer Windows 2003 at this point in time.

    So if everyone wants to keep the flame on for an employee's personal directory, do so as you may.

    P.S. I also hope that you all do realize that we are not a small reseller, we have no need to operate in devious or illegal means.
    We own and operate 2 datacenters in downtown Houston, and are expanding to a third.
    We have no need/wants to have warez for company use. All our company software is burned onto DVD's as we image servers when they are installed.

    Thanks,

    _____________
    Harold Sagget
    OrangerFiber.com
    Last edited by Sagget_H; 04-30-2005 at 06:08 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Posts
    2,168
    Originally posted by Sagget_H
    As per my 3rd post back, I am now leaving this thread.

    If anyone has any questions they may contact me at [email protected]

    We retain our stance that this is a personal folder, not a company folder. Almost all software in that directory has no use being used on a web server, and we do not offer Windows 2003 at this point in time.

    So if everyone wants to keep the flame on for an employee's personal directory, do so as you may.



    Thanks,

    _____________
    Harold Sagget
    OrangerFiber.com

    What about the legal windows 2000 licensing? Also, why is it that you sell windows 2000 for free, but dont sell windows 2003, the newer, and much cheaper version at all?
      0 Not allowed!

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Western Canada
    Posts
    1,888
    Originally posted by Sagget_H

    I will get some pictures of our LEGAL Windows 2000 licenses.
    Originally posted by Sagget_H
    As per my 3rd post back, I am now leaving this thread.
    ?
      0 Not allowed!

  36. #36
    Originally posted by JHosts
    What about the legal windows 2000 licensing? Also, why is it that you sell windows 2000 for free, but dont sell windows 2003, the newer, and much cheaper version at all?
    We dont offer Windows 2003 because we dont have an SPLA agreement with MS for 2k3 architecture.

    That is another valid point, why would we need to have warez copies of Windows 2003, when we can get them for less than $20 and charge people for them? An SPLA isnt -that- hard to get, we just haven't done it yet.


    It seem's as if AlphaRed is being grilled because we do not conform to the "standards" of products offered by the current leaders in the market.

    If we do not want to offer Windows 2003, but do 2000; that is a company decision, not something to be taken and strewed as something immoral or illegal on our part.
      0 Not allowed!

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Kirkland, WA
    Posts
    4,448
    No problems Harold..just post some pictures of your SPLA agreement for W2k (with proper blurring to ensure nothing sensitive is revealed) or pictures of a few of your CDs (if you don't have an SPLA, you should have one CD/box per server?)

    I'm giving benefit of a doubt here, but with the bad evidence revealed you can't expect everyone to just believe you becaues you say it's not true..shouldn't be hard to post the above and prove your innocence.
      0 Not allowed!

  38. #38
    Yes, realize though that this is the weekend, I am contacting the owner as I believe he has the CD's at home or in the main office.


    If I cannot get the needed pictures up today, I will as soon as I get them.


    I also feel sorry that an ex-reseller who still has servers with us would do such and thing and have everyone belive an untruth.
      0 Not allowed!

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    464
    I just want to say this, I am getting ready to move to Orange Fiber for some co-location space, and I see this as a non-issue, mainly because I have seen this many times and most of the time it is done by an employee. I have been in many federal govt instalations and have seen this type of thing, even though they had site licenses for everything the would used the cracked ones because it was easier to obtain and install it some times.

    Cheers,

    TD
      0 Not allowed!

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, NC
    Posts
    2,760
    Originally posted by Sagget_H
    We dont offer Windows 2003 because we dont have an SPLA agreement with MS for 2k3 architecture.

    That is another valid point, why would we need to have warez copies of Windows 2003, when we can get them for less than $20 and charge people for them? An SPLA isnt -that- hard to get, we just haven't done it yet.


    It seem's as if AlphaRed is being grilled because we do not conform to the "standards" of products offered by the current leaders in the market.

    If we do not want to offer Windows 2003, but do 2000; that is a company decision, not something to be taken and strewed as something immoral or illegal on our part.
    Harold - If you read my first post, I was looking into OrangeFiber as I was interested in reselling for you. We currently resell servers for 3 different datacenters, and push whatever offers we think will work at a certain time - Your offers would definitely work at this time.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •