Admin companies vs Webdev companies

There seems to be many server admin companies like Rack911, rfxnetworks, etc but not as many php/web development companies that offer the same level of work.

Everyone that is offering php or web development work seems to be individuals and not companies lurking about in the request forum.

Am I missing something and are there any good development companies with long, establish track records that do work on a monthly basis?

California USA
    linux-tech and sheps company does php development i believe.
    Steven Ciaburri | Proactive Linux Server Management -
    Managed Servers (AS62710), Server Management, and Security Auditing.

Lansing, MI, USA
    I think generally the problem is large design/development firms focus on the local market where the profit margins are generally nicer. It's less stressful to not deal with the cut-throat crowds that offer development services online, as, especially we in the United States, simply cannot compete on price with those in countries with much lower cost of living.

Effort to Reward ratio is simply too low (generally) to spend time soliciting online.

IMHO anyway
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs