Steadfast Networking VPS

Anybody care to share their experiences or opinions?

My friend has used them before, he did not enjoy his experience, and ended up switching to who I use, PowerVPS.com
    PowerVPS features flawless support, servers are top notch, and the technicians know exactly what they are doing... I've been using them for about 8 months, and I don't have a single complaint
    -steve

Did your friend use our VPS services before or after we started utilizing Virtuozzo? We have also just done major hardware upgrades to our VPS systems.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

WebsterD,

I haven't personally dealt with them for VPS itself but they do an amazing job with the server(s) I've rented from them.

If their support team is anything like it is with the dedicateds - you definitely can't go wrong in checking them out!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Originally posted by KarlZimmer
    Did your friend use our VPS services before or after we started utilizing Virtuozzo? We have also just done major hardware upgrades to our VPS systems.
    Honestly, don't believe he ever told me..... Good to hear you are working to improve though... Best of luck
    -steve

Are you sure?

Originally posted by KarlZimmer
    I visited steadfastnetworks. I didn't see any recent hardware upgrade in the maintenance schedule. I heard from people that the vps is pretty slow.

Re: Are you sure?

Originally posted by webhostvps
    I visited steadfastnetworks. I didn't see any recent hardware upgrade in the maintenance schedule. I heard from people that the vps is pretty slow.
    Correct, because with Virtuozzo VPSes can be migrated to another server with virtually no downtime, several seconds at the most. The VPSes get moved, and no one notices, except for the fact that the VPS is much faster. We have upgraded the hardware on all our VPS nodes over the past week or so, except for the couple VPSes we haven't gotten moved yet.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

My friend who is using steadfastnetworks said it has a very good technical support. Every support ticket is answered promptly. Even though he experienced slow vps due to hardware issue in the server, he said he is satisfied with steadfastnetworks. I guess I would choose steadfastnetworks vps next time.

Re: Steadfast Networking VPS

Originally posted by WebsterD
    Anybody care to share their experiences or opinions?
    Truely an excellent company. I signed up during their 2 month free offer, and am certain I will be keeping it. That have also always been avaiable for support, even when I called in at 3 am after getting the setup info to have some problems and RDNS setup

Karl Zimmer is also a great guy, I messed up a few things during the order process, and he got it all fixed up for me

Originally posted by gasxtreme
    My friend has used them before, he did not enjoy his experience, and ended up switching to who I use, PowerVPS.com
    PowerVPS features flawless support, servers are top notch, and the technicians know exactly what they are doing... I've been using them for about 8 months, and I don't have a single complaint
    -steve
    The number of people promoting PowerVPS these days is beginning to confuse me.

They always talk about problems with the prior provider/other provider, and how great PowerVPS is. Just the "vivid" descriptions featuring marketing words such as "flawless" confused me

This isnt saying this post is advertisement, just me noticing something

The number of people promoting PowerVPS these days is beginning to confuse me.
    I think I see what you see. Not so much confusing to me, just an instinct. Whatever the case, the experience of "a friend" doesn't interest me whether the opinion is good or bad. I appreciate your helpful comment. My instinct also says you are right about Steadfast.

Originally posted by WebsterD
    I think I see what you see. Not so much confusing to me, just an instinct. Whatever the case, the experience of "a friend" doesn't interest me whether the opinion is good or bad. I appreciate your helpful comment. My instinct also says you are right about Steadfast.
    Thank You,

My objective is always to give an honest opinion.

If you are intersted in Steadfast, I would suggest talking to Karl about any special deals they can give you. I'm sure that you and him can work something out so you can really get a good feel on the service.