Thread: ****** slow?

****** slow?

is ****** really slow compare to others host? or is it just me?

im hosting this site at ****** right now and it load slower then my last host, check out: lemozine.net

tiz slow

Yes I tried accessing your website, it took about 4 seconds to start loading, and about 30 seconds till it was done.

how much did u pay?

i paid $50/year

It's a tad slow. It may be a result of their outrageous overselling...Or perhaps, they're having some technical difficulties.

There might be many reasons as to why yor site is loading slowly. It might be possible that the host server is loaded with many sites which is why it is responsing slowlly. Or it might also be possible that you have many php, asp and aspx pages which take a fraction long than the normal pages to load.

But is is always better to contact your host and get this sorted out with him.

thx, i'll do that

If you find the resolution then please let us know.

Originally posted by aingaran
    It's a tad slow. It may be a result of their outrageous overselling...Or perhaps, they're having some technical difficulties.
    hehe, I mean they really do oversell to the max!
    I think there probaly a bit cramped on your server.
    Email them and let them know

Originally posted by Naz.A
    hehe, I mean they really do oversell to the max!
    I think there probaly a bit cramped on your server.
    Email them and let them know
    You will find many hosts today do this over the shared server which is surely not any good. Which is the reason normally clients have the complaint of slow loading of pages

i'm uploading mine site to catalog.com server right now to compare the speed

Yes that will be good way to compare the two servers and then you can come to a perfect conclusion.

it is true, ****** is much slower then catalog, I already sent ****** a support ticket, waiting for them to respond

ps: i tried to live chat support but nobody answer

They might be having phone support. You should try to get in touch with them over the phone line. As this surelly seems that they have overloaded the server with many domains over the one shared server.

Yeah looks like your jammed on a box with 900+ other sites.
    http://www.whois.sc/lemozine.net

I was only with them for a week and got out because of serious downtime. It then took seven weeks to honor thier 30 money back.

thanks for da link sonic, that's very useful information

I got the email respond from ****** and they said this:

"Your site is loading normal now. It would be very much appreciated if you could check this on your end."

is this mean that they already fix it or they just check to see if my site is really slow slow. Is there a way I can check my pages for scripting error or something?

more than a thousands sites

I have more than a thousand sites on the ****** server that my site is hosted on!

What's the average for hosted sites on one server? Or should I say whats a resasonable amount?

I'm leaving ****** in the near future here...

200-300 is probably ideal..

I have more than a thousand sites on the ****** server that my site is hosted on!What's the average for hosted sites on one server? Or should I say whats a resasonable amount?
    It is hard to put a number on it because there are so many factors involved but when you start seeing threads like this and hearing 1000 sites per server, it usually indicates high load numbers caused by overselling gone wild.

200-300 is probably ideal..
    IMO the ideal would be 1 (one). Mine!

Seriously though, wcws is right in the sense that cheaper hosts will generally put more sites on a server. No, they don't do it out of spite or because they're evil. They simply have to do it in order to maintain profitability. Too bad that the customer ends up being the loser though.

However, 1000 sites on a server means nothing unless you know more about the host and the sites on the server. As an example, some hosts have separated servers for handling emails and databases, so the 1000 sites would be in fact using 3 servers, not just one.

yep

It did take about 5 seconds to load... I would ask them about that.
    By the way... cool *** site. Who's the girl in the green? hot!
    I plan to use ****** too. How is account management with Plesk? Are you pleased with everything else?

use ****** if you need the space, but for customer services, hummm, it's ok, and they just installed a new account management software, pretty simple to use.