Manchester, UK

Talking Have you caught the Tiger :: MAC?

I haven't yet. I'm not much of a Macintosh person but if you have bought it - what's it like?

For those of you who are not familiar with this OS -

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - Apple Computer has unleashed the Tiger.
    The latest major update of Apple Computer Inc.'s (AAPL.O: Quote, Profile, Research) Mac OS X operating system, code-named Tiger, went on sale around the globe on Friday.

At a cost of $129 and available at Apple's own retail stores, authorized Apple resellers and on Apple's online store, the upgrade is the fifth major refresh of Mac OS X and includes more than 200 new features.
    The entire article can be read at:

Earlier this week, Apple rival Microsoft Corp. (MSFT.O: Quote, Profile, Research) , the world's No. 1 software maker, showed off features of Longhorn, the next major release of its Windows operating system and which has been delayed a number of times. It is slated for release in 2006.
    I feel that rivalry

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. - Confucius

Southern California

NYC baby
    Got my preordered copy today

Also went to visit a White Plains, NY Mactore to take a shot at door prizes, took my family, we got:
    - 3 free itunes songs
    - 10% off coupon [which I used to get a sleek 20", price drop-10% cool!]
    - plus we all got spotlight keychains
    - plus Ben&Jerry's was handing out free ice cream to the people waiting to get into the store,

nice pleasant evening.

Now if i could only get a G5 PowerBook
    There is no magic. There are only onions. - web development the smart way

One of our designers is running it on their powerbook.

Spotlight is very good, but not that many special functions that he likes the most. The speed of the OS seems much better and panther, lot better performance.

He has seen some bugs in dashboard however, but overall seems really good.