Website Designer Contest

Hello,

I am creating a company that provides both website design and development. I am now in the proccess of interviewing designers for the design department of the company. The way I have decided to do this is by holding a contest. The object of the contest is to create the best design for the needs of the domain the company will use (www.phperfection.com). The winner will be offered a design job at PHPerfection.com. For every design you create PHPerfection will take 10% of what the design cost and give the designer 90% of the design job cost. Here are the rules:

1) Your design will not be used unless you are choosen as the winner of the contest.
    2) The design must be original.
    3) You must e-mail [email protected] with the subject "Designer Job" with the following:
    • Your name, age, and country.
    • A PSD of the main layout
    • A folder with the sliced layout saved in a JPEG or PNG format.
    • w3c verifiable XHTML Strict and CSS
    • Any previous work references

4) If choosen, you agree to slice images as either JPEG or PNG format and code w3c verifiable XHTML Strict and CSS up to four sub-pages and up to two client-side pages for no less then $50USD and no more then $100USD.
    5) The contest will end on May 12, 2005
    6) Design must include:
    [list][*]Links for Website Development, Website Design, About Us, Contact Us pages[*]Client log in and password form (or a link to a sub-page if you desire)[*]PHPerfection.com banner on top[*]Design may include Flash designs[*]Room for copyright, TOS, AUP, SLA links on the bottom[*]News/Welcome message space[*]Improvisation. Build on what I've requested, make an appealing design that will make me want you!

Duties of the design job include (but are not limited to):
    1) Reply to requests for designs with a time frame for the project and a cost for the project.
    2) Design the website layout for the agreed price in the agreed timeframe in w3c verifiable XHTML Strict and CSS (unless otherwise specified or under circumstances where you can not use XHTML Strict).
    3) Provide a PSD of the website and sliced images in either JPEG or PNG (whichever the designer wants unless specified).
    4) Keep the customer update to date with the project through our client-side pages.

Please ask all questions here. We may PM or respond directly in this thread.

PHPerfection.com reserves the right to not choose a winner from this forum.

EDIT:
    I forgot the design requirements for the contest. I will add it as #6
    to the contest rules.
    Last edited by mp3LM; 04-29-2005 at 07:16 PM.

isn't it illegal to ask the age of an applicant?

No. If the job requires you to be age XX+, how would the employee know if you're that age? The minimum age for Burger King is 15. How would they know if you're at least 15 if they didn't ask you?

FYI - That information is based on New Jersey, USA.

FYI2 - I will consider all applicants regardless of age provided they have a design that is appealing and meet all the requirements.

I'd like to ask that anyone interested in this job/contest to please e-mail [email protected] everything accept your design before you start. Then, e-mail your design and coding when you are done with them.

Thank you.

Originally posted by mp3LM
    No. If the job requires you to be age XX+, how would the employee know if you're that age? The minimum age for Burger King is 15. How would they know if you're at least 15 if they didn't ask you?

FYI - That information is based on New Jersey, USA.

FYI2 - I will consider all applicants regardless of age provided they have a design that is appealing and meet all the requirements.
    they ask "are you legal age to work in new jersey"
    not "how old are you?"