Logging 404s: Email vs Database INSERT

Currently I email myself everytime a 404 is generated, which can be up to a couple of hundred times a day.

Would it be more efficient (memory/cpu) to do an INSERT to MySQL table to log these errors? Thanks.

This is kind of a silly question in a way. Unless you are running your site on a P133 with 32megs of ram it really shouldnt matter anyway.

Consider that apache logs each access anyway. What does that generate, like 1kb/sec of I/O? Insignificant.
    "The only difference between a poor person and a rich person is what they do in their spare time."
    "If youth is wasted on the young, then retirement is wasted on the old"

Top Secret
    it's really relevant to how you want to access these. Personally, I find it easier dealing with errors through a database than to deal with the errors through email. If you've got a large, popular site, dealing with them through email would result in quite a bit of spam anyways.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Linux Problems? WHMCS Issues? +1-866-546-8914 (linux-14) or @whmcsguru on twitter!