Angry How do I delete a MSSQL record

Okay, I'm in enterprise manager, and ASP is giving me an error that looks like this:

Response object error 'ASP 0251 : 80004005' 
    Response Buffer Limit Exceeded 
    /CorpAdmin/POList/PO_search.asp, line 0 
    Execution of the ASP page caused the Response Buffer to exceed its configured limit.
    Now I believe this has to do with ASP's default buffer. But, my database is extremely full, so instead of upping the buffer, I'd rather delete some records. ONly problem is, I didn't build this site, and I don't know anything about MSSQL can some one give me a SQL Query to run in Enterprise manager that will delete all records that have the value DateUpdated < 4/20/2004
    in other words, I want all records that haven't been updated for about a year to be deleted. Can anyone help me? - for sale!

Do you have a way to enter mySQL queries?
    If so, then you first want to determine the name of the table:

show tables;
    should give you a list of the tables in your database. If the records are in a single table then you can probably risk deleting them, but be careful as you can break things if you delete something that another table references. I would strongly advise backing up the mySQL database first. You can use something like:

mysqldump -u<user> -p<passwd> <dbname> > <backupFileName>
    Anyway, to answer your question, let's assume the table name is myTable. Use the following command:

DELETE FROM myTable WHERE DateUpdated<yourDate;
    To be safe, you can check your query syntax by using:

SELECT * FROM myTable WHERE DateUpdated<yourDate;
    you should see a list of the records that match your date query. If this is correct, then do the DELETE.

Texas, United States

If you look closely, he mentioned Microsoft SQL Server. NOT MySQL.

This should just be standard SQL. DELETE FROM table WHERE DateUpdate < 2004-04-20; (god I hate USA only date formats and the problems they cause).

It sounds to me that your problems are with the code, however. I don't know a lot about ASP, but you should never have a result set large enough to overflow a buffer (this shouldn't even be *possible*, but that's MS for yah). As you said though, the code is not your own.