Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Problem as I see it with this request is, it's gonna cost him a good deal in hardware (as for this to be effective, he's going to need 3 x u320, 15k rpm drives, 74gb [~$1k], he's going to need a 3 channel controller [~$800], and then the rest of the system).

He's looking at a ~$4-5k solution, thats not terribly common (boxes that expensive running raid 0? Rarely!), and probably a hefty chunk of BW on top of it.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Originally posted by camers
    rackspace is too high for him.
    Had a feeling that they would be after I posted that... Oops.
    You should probably colocate... you could lease a server from Dell and get near your price. Go and look into the PowerEdge 2850. Then find somewhere to colocate it (you can get pretty cheap colo). Dell also provides onsite tech support etc etc.
    Good Luck!

its not a website server. its hard to explain but my programmers and I know exactly the specs that work for us.

I can go up to $650 a month without going over our 1100 dollars a month expenses.

Originally posted by rofa
    I can go up to $650 a month without going over our 1100 dollars a month expenses.
    How much bandwidth do you need with this configuration, and what size of setup fee are you willing to pay? Based on the server specs alone, while it is a high order, I dont think it should be impossible, especially not with the WHT crowd.
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

Willing to pay up to $100 in setup costs. $0 would be great, or maybe $100 setup will include some sort of discount.

I need 1000GB of bandwidth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12