Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Plexi_Hosting
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! Now I see where you are comin' from
    Yup! I quit that job after about 3 months.. I hated bothering people and other companies..

The only good thing that came out of it, was I was put on a list to where I won't be telemarketed.. (See.. The Do-Not-Call registry has loopholes that these companies can use to get to your phone, and still be in compliance with the Registry..

When you become a telemarketer.. It's like having diplomatic immunity..

But I hated it to DEATH!

Anyhow.. Sorry I hijacked the thread.

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    It's sad really. [/B]
    It's sad, that true. But, business owners like myself aren't given much choice. No one in the US would do the things I'd like done for the price I can afford.

Outsourcing also is a direct outcome of an everchanging, shrinking world. Imagine the world without the internet. In that scenario, we would not worry too much about outsourcing the little things like chat support, telephone answering, etc. (We didn't ten years ago.) But, in large part because of the internet...

Now, imagine living without the internet, and cell phones, and ipods. What did we ever do....

I just got off support with Hostgator. I wanted to install a crm application that requires 10mb limit in the php.ini; and they just told me they cannot do it because of security unless I move to dedicated server.

Can my request leave that much security hole to deny me my application or I should start looking somewhere else?
    Ayserve.net - Fast, Reliable & Cost-effective Web Hosting
    DomainsQED - Fast & Easy Domain Registration

Support forum :: Yahoo: ayservelimited | MSN: ayserve | AOL: ayserve
    :::: CPanel :: Linux :: MySQL :: Web Development ::::

Out of curiosity - can anyone shed light on why the OP had his account banned?
    www.cartika.com
    www.clusterlogics.com - You simply cannot run a hosting company without this software. Backups, Disaster Recovery, Big Data, Virtualization. 20 years of building software that solves your problems

ays what is your ticket number? If you do not have one please open one.

My ticket number is [HGSupport #EZS-26400-708].
    Ayserve.net - Fast, Reliable & Cost-effective Web Hosting
    DomainsQED - Fast & Easy Domain Registration

Support forum :: Yahoo: ayservelimited | MSN: ayserve | AOL: ayserve
    :::: CPanel :: Linux :: MySQL :: Web Development ::::

Originally posted by nookphase
    Not so sure I even like the comment made by Host Gator 'We are working hard to replace the Indian' chat support however do not have all shifts covered yet.

Sounds a little racist, ok so they are from India, I have Dell computers and deal with tech support in India, they have always been quite knowledgable.
    I don't see this as being racist. No where is he bashing the race of said Indians in his comment.

He is insinuating that he was using poor quality outsourced support reps and is in the process of replacing them. This outsourced support happens to be based in India, hence the term "indians". Maybe the way he worded it wasn't as eloquent as it could have been, but none the less, the statement hardly constitutes racism unless a cynical mind twists it to do so.

Many people are disgusted with the whole outsource to India craze going on right now. I think he was attempting to garner support from that crowd opposed to a racist one.

It's annoying when people jump on the racism bandwagon so easily without putting any thought into their speech.

Obviously he knew what he was doing when he wrote "Indian" not like a slip of the toungue. Maybe he thought it's use would do exactly that
    {I think he was attempting to garner support from that crowd}

I expect more when something is coming from someone representing a hosting company, read through some of these threads as the represenitives post back, Some are professional but many are not, they choose their own fate when replying childishly here.

I am not saying that Hostgator responds childishly, however many do. I realize that many that opt for hosting/end clients are not professional themselves but resorting to the same level will never make any host look good in my book.

I think, you all need to find something more important to whine about.

Originally posted by ScreamingEaglePC
    I think, you all need to find something more important to whine about.
    Please, no one is trying to rehash anything but if someone quotes you, it is only natural to respond. Go back and read my original, I said 'sounds a little'

Well, sorry, but people went past that, until you brought it back up.

All I'm saying, is bickering about racism on a hosting board isn't going to get you anywhere. So, just drop it and leave it where it lie! Okay?

@screamingeagle, I did not bring it back up, someone quoted me. I really did not mean it to get that much attention.

No harm no foul

We all read here, and we do scrutinize each post when added. The point being that when deciding on a particular host, I know I will review their posts to see how professional they are. I am not naming names, nor trying to discredit any but when they post email correspondense/instant messages just does not look very copasetic. Maybe they try to validate something but in the end look much worse.

Myself I do not believe emails should be made so public. if someone sends me an email, I will not make a public display ofit in a forum/whatever

Now to positive hosts that I have seen here. Site 5 looks quite good and Hosting Zoom looks attractive. Varhostingnet is also in the running although I believe that the tech from varhosting has an account disabled here, not really sure what that means if anything

@screamingeagle, I did not bring it back up, someone quoted me. I really did not mean it to get that much attention.

No harm no foul

We all read here, and we do scrutinize each post when added. The point being that when deciding on a particular host, I know I will review their posts to see how professional they are. I am not naming names, nor trying to discredit any but when they post email correspondense/instant messages just does not look very copasetic. Maybe they try to validate something but in the end look much worse.

Myself I do not believe emails should be made so public. if someone sends me an email, I will not make a public display ofit in a forum/whatever

Now to positive hosts that I have seen here. Site 5 looks quite good and Hosting Zoom looks attractive. Varhostingnet is also in the running although I believe that the tech from varhosting has an account disabled here, not really sure what that means if anything
    That's a long story.. Let's just say VARHOSTING had "bad representation", being their owner, on here who needed to pick his words a little wiser

Short winded here then,

It is all about finding the right host, I have never committed less than a year, but find it hard to commit for two years upfront.

Very Professional=Fatcow hosting
    My first host ever was Fatcow and while they did not offer alot, what I did get was incredible uptime. Only once in my first year was there a downtime and I was notified in advance{one week} of their planned downtime.

Once you get spoiled by cpanel it is hard to choose a host that offers much less.

Short winded here then,

It is all about finding the right host, I have never committed less than a year, but find it hard to commit for two years upfront.

Very Professional=Fatcow hosting
    My first host ever was Fatcow and while they did not offer alot, what I did get was incredible uptime. Only once in my first year was there a downtime and I was notified in advance{one week} of their planned downtime.

Once you get spoiled by cpanel it is hard to choose a host that offers much less.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/newthr...read&forumid=3

Let's try and stay on topic, and save the advertising and reviews for other topics

Let's stay on HostGator in this topic in the mean-time.

Not advertising as I think if I was I know how to include a link

Not really sure why you found it important to post a link to my profile, maybe to point out that I do not have a web site listed in my profile, Hmm that is on purpose.

I am changing my current host when my year is complete, actually I am changing it now, two months early so I have a smooth transition.

I will give Hostgator futher looking into as when I commit to hosting I like to pay for a year upfront, not willing to choose someone on a fly by night monthly/freebie basis

Looking at Hostgator, I see they do have Fantastico listed but in their cpanel demo I did not see it.????

Not advertising as I think if I was I know how to include a link

Not really sure why you found it important to post a link to my profile, maybe to point out that I do not have a web site listed in my profile, Hmm that is on purpose.

I am changing my current host when my year is complete, actually I am changing it now, two months early so I have a smooth transition.

I will give Hostgator futher looking into as when I commit to hosting I like to pay for a year upfront, not willing to choose someone on a fly by night monthly/freebie basis
    Posted a link to the "New Topic" button. Wasn't your profile, but I think vBulliten hates me.

@screamingeagle, I understand, thought it was odd that my profile was being linked to especially when there is little there.

Still do not know why there is no fantastico in their cpanel demo, Hostgator?

Probably felt no need to add it there, to conserve bandwidth. Or to deter the usual troublemakers *whistles*

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12