Thread: Advice needed

Advice needed

Ok,

This is a little off topic, but I am hoping that will be ok. I want to know if anyone has any advice as to what I can do after becoming a victim of fraud or misrepresentation.

Here is what happened. I wanted to purchase something online. I would receive information and software for the fee. However, I always try to be cautious to prevent myself from becoming a victim of fraud and such. So I asked several detailed questions of the seller before I made a purchase. I was satisfied with the answers and bought.

However, when I received my package (online) I realized it was nothing like described and there waS some blatant lies. I contacted teh seller several times and waS very polite. I gave them the opportunity to "make things right" or refund my money. No responses.

So I tried to file a complaint with PayPal but was told that this was not somethign they handled. That there disputes only cover non receipt of items. Is there anything I can do?

Maybe try to file the complaint with paypal again and re-word your complaint. You might get a better response the second time.

Or you might try calling Paypal on the phone.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

And if you can prove that what you get isnt what you were promised.. do that to paypal and if tht doesnt works, see if there is an option to deny payment.. and if even that doesnt works, you can always go legal way.. and infact you must do that... otherwise they will continue with their frauds...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

You can also file a complaint against the seller at Better Business Bureau (BBB). May be you can receive some sort of resolution over there.

This is why I try to pay with my credit card whenever I can, much easier to dispute payments.

You have my sympathy as it has happened to me one a few occassions as well.

We always must be careful when purchasing things online, that we cannot see or touch.

The first thing to do is understand why PayPal has the policies they do. Many consumers love to purchase things, use it, file a complaint to get their money back, but continue using the product, claiming the seller ripped them off. In fact, that scenerio is the consumer ripping off the seller.

PayPal I'm sure has seen this numerous times, and their policies reflect that.

I personally feel that this will be difficult to solve, to your satisfaction.

However, you can take with it, a lesson learned. I know that may not be what you want to hear, and I know it's probably not as helpful as you would like. However, a lesson learned is probably one of the most valuable things you can walk away from a situation with.
    Mark - Owner/Lead Designer
    avidInteractive
    Lead vocalist for Circle7: Circle7 on MTV

How much money are we talking about here?

If you don't mind me asking, what product did you purchase?