Thread: My situation

My situation

Hey everyone. I read this forum often but this is my first post. Quick question. I currently have a reseller account with and am very satisfied with it so far. I have about 20 sites/domains that a run on it. My initial plan is running out of space and I'm trying to determine what action to take:

1) should I just upgrade to the next available reseller account with more space?

2) Should I look into a dedicated server? I expect the number of sites to possibily double this year, and traffic will surely increase as well.

I am quite technical and work in the IT world. Any opinions of what is best for my situation? I am not really looking to spend more than about $30-$50 a month at this time also. My current reseller account is $20.

Option 1. seems to me the most practical solution for you.
    Attracted to Linux, dedicated servers with CentOS 7 and Virtualmin Pro, and Archlinux as a personal OS preference.

Probably keep on the reseller accounts until they generate enough cash to pay for a dedicated machine or you need more control, whichever comes first. But if it ain't broke don't fix it

Upgrading the reseller's plan would definitely be a good idea. There are probably dedicated servers within the $30 to $50 range but they probably wouldn't satisfy your needs and you may end up grossly disappointed.

Slowly work your way up and only until you are able to spend something in the region of $120 to $150 comfortably each month then consider the switch to a dedicated server. Anything less wouldn't be worth the deal.

It all depends upon what is the budget that you are having and how much do you want to invest in all this. But it will always be advised to you to go for another reseller account.

United Kingdom
    ID agree with just upgrading to the next reseller.
    With your bugget and the number of sites you will host there isnt much point, unless your hosting demanding clients which use alot of space and bandwith.

You can't get a dedicated server for 30$. I think, the best option for you is a VPS from Its a kind of a mini server & it gives you much more freedom.
    Techy Bubble

A Truly Remarkable Web Hosting Is Coming Soon! We won't change the world or anything. We will just make it better....

Even i would suggest VPS as it gives you more control and root access to server and WHM... And that would be in your budget also..

Root access to WHM allows you to tweak your hosting as per your requirement and also you chave access to WHM Account transfers for easy copying of accounts from other servers. This can be of great help to you as you can help your new customers move their accounts from existing host...
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers -

domainwala's words are very well chosen. The increased WHM privleges will allow you to better manage your company and offer more features that your reseller host may have limited. - Shared and Reseller Hosting Solutions on cPanel/WHM Linux Servers - Discount ModernBill Licenses, Hosted Installations, and Professional Services
    :: Pay for your discount ModernBill license with PayPal
    :: admin[at] :: AIM: CybexH