Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by justadollarhostin
    Not quite next to you, but in Cali check out CalHost. I run a CS:CZ server there (I'm in michigan) and I get aobut 70 ms pings. They set up a QoS on my server and have been nothing but great guys to deal with.
    I have tried two different times in the last two months to order 1 dedicated server from CalHost and been given the brush off. It took them nearly 3 weeks the first order to even seend me a statement saying my server would be ready in 24-48 hours. 5 days later still nothing so I told them I did not want their service.

Earlier this week I was in need of another server for a customer decided to give them another shot. I even emailed one of the main people involved with CalHost. He got back to me pretty quickly. I let him know I was interested in give CalHost a shot at my money, and would like a dedicated server. He said fantastic. Sign up and we'll start processing immediately.

Again its been over 8 days and still no email response from my order I submitted. I've called their support number, no answer. I've emailed their support, no answer.

For me I will not deal with them ever again. Its quite rude they way they have treated me. I will simply stick with the current data center in Sacramento that I've been putting my customers on.

While you may have had a pleasant experience I have had anything but that. Your mileage may vary.
    Jacob Squires , CISSP

· security assesment, network analysis ·

I was just going to order a server from them, they seems to have better ping times than managed.com (for game servers). bu yea thx for the review, i guess i will just stick with managed now.

Originally posted by jsquires
    I have tried two different times in the last two months to order 1 dedicated server from CalHost and been given the brush off. It took them nearly 3 weeks the first order to even seend me a statement saying my server would be ready in 24-48 hours. 5 days later still nothing so I told them I did not want their service.

Earlier this week I was in need of another server for a customer decided to give them another shot. I even emailed one of the main people involved with CalHost. He got back to me pretty quickly. I let him know I was interested in give CalHost a shot at my money, and would like a dedicated server. He said fantastic. Sign up and we'll start processing immediately.

Again its been over 8 days and still no email response from my order I submitted. I've called their support number, no answer. I've emailed their support, no answer.

For me I will not deal with them ever again. Its quite rude they way they have treated me. I will simply stick with the current data center in Sacramento that I've been putting my customers on.

While you may have had a pleasant experience I have had anything but that. Your mileage may vary.
    Who are you with? I too am looking for a good West Coast dedicated provider.

There is NRsoftware in LA. They are pretty nice.
    http://Ethr.net jay@ethr.net
    West Coast AT&T / Level3 / Savvis Bandwidth, Colocation, Dedicated Server, Managed IP Service, Hardware Load Balancing Service, Transport Service, 365 Main St, SFO / 200 Paul Ave, SFO / PAIX, PAO / Market Post Tower, 55 S. Market, SJC / 11 Great Oaks, Equinix, SJC

Hi Jacob,

No one outside the company would know this, but most of our existing cuswtomers do. We're a pretty small operation and our lead engineer was put in the hospital last week after a serious injury (fell off a ladder) and quite honestly it's all we can do to keep things running smooth (as smooth as he had it running anyway). I apologize for the non-response Jacob. We're so occupied with maintaining that I didn't address new customers. Best of luck at your next provider. Your frustration is completely understandable.
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu

I have tried two different times in the last two months to order 1 dedicated server from CalHost
    our lead engineer was put in the hospital last week
    I'm sorry to hear about anyone being hurt, but did he travel back in time and injure himself?
    Fork Networking - 1995-2020+
    Colocation & Dedicated Hosting
    West Coast, 99.999% uptime.
    <www.forked.net>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12