Would you like 10 million free ads?

Virgin Group founder Richard Branson and Yahoo unveiled a contest for small-business owners on Thursday, offering 10 million free ads on the Yahoo network to the winning entrepreneur who "thinks big."
    Source: Zdnet

Firms must have fewer than 99 employees

Eight million of the ads will be on Yahoo sponsored search, and 2 million will be banner ads on the Yahoo network.

Can you imagine having 10 MILLION ads at your disposal!

even though I'm sure it not legal I'm sure they will find a way to make sure no compnay that is in competition to them wins, such as a hosting company.
    Last edited by Kiamori; 04-28-2005 at 06:50 PM.
    Area51.mn VPS, Dedicated & Colocated Servers.
    Area51 Computers Custom Servers & Gaming Systems. (Since 1998)
    NetAffect Email & Web Hosting Services. (Since 1996)
    Quality Systems & Service Since 1996

I can't imagine a hosting company winning. It's not a very original busisness idea really is it. At the end of the day they can choose who they want and it wouldn't be illegal.. they're giving away free advertisng for christs sake.

Originally posted by Kiamori
    even though I'm sure it not legal I'm sure they will find a way to make sure no compnay that is in competition to them wins, such as a hosting company.
    I'm sure they would.. I doubt they would let people get the upper hand for free
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management Search Engine Optimization Pay Per Click Email Marketing

Sorry i have to point this out:

for christs sake.
    <sermon>If you're going to use His name then at least capitalize it. </sermon>

Okay,

I bet what might happen is that they create their own small business and make it look like it is unique... which would be dishonest, but I wouldn't be surprised if that were to happen.

If I were a web host - or a small business owner of some kind, then it would be... incredible to be able to have 10 million ads - imagine how many customers that would gain...
    He arose!

To bad google has more then 99 employees
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Originally posted by Joe7
    I can't imagine a hosting company winning. It's not a very original busisness idea really is it.
    Hosting is a great business model. It generates a recurring revenue stream, where you can easily and safely build infrastructure underneath the client base. This allows the business to grow with confidence. Your client base can be anyone with a valid credit card, and from any corner of the planet. Your product is also instantly delivered to your clients.

True, hosting isn't a glamorous business model, but we're the ones supplying the picks and shovels to the dreamers out there in the gold fields. We all know who made the most money in the Gold rush days, and it wasn't the ones looking for the gold.

I personally don't think much of Branson. He's too showy for my taste, but none the less, he is very successful, and what he does works well for him.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

He's probably one of the great businessmen of our time, and knows how to launch a business from the ground up.

I can't imagine a hosting company winning either!

10 Million... That is not much.

Originally posted by Joseph_M
    He's probably one of the great businessmen of our time, and knows how to launch a business from the ground up.

I can't imagine a hosting company winning either!
    Yah but his tv show was wretchid
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Give a better services