Hybrid View

Colocation Needed

I am looking for a good host for colocation. I have a 4U server that I would like colocated and I need to have low latency and little packetloss. The server will predominately be a game server. I need to push about 500GB a month. Would prefer 750GB to give myself a little headroom. If you charge by the U please also include price if it was a 1U server instead. I maybe making a new server if I must to keep the price as low as possible.

I am not making money with this so I need prices reasonable for someone that is running a server for his clan to game and have fun with.

East Coast or West Coast?

Originally posted by wsuff
    East Coast or West Coast?
    More middle like...

Chicago... Texas maybe... umm anyplace in between that meets my above needs..

Chicago there are plenty of offers in Advertise section of this forum in facilities such as Equinix with varying bandwidth mixes. As for Texas it seems that Colo4Dallas is a popular suggestion for colo also OrangeFiber is in Houston as is JaguarPC. Also would be Savvis DC in Fort Worth or some resellers of The Planet that might be able to accomidate your 4u's. I'd suggest take a look there and inquire w/ sales people and see what best f its your neds in latency price etc.

FYI: I haven't colo'd w/ any of the companies mentioned just looked in to doing so for a few application but didn't decide to go with Central US due to where my local remote hands are and business needs at this time.