Thumbs up Wanted to give my thumbs up for GoDaddy

I have read on hear some mixed reviews for GoDaddy.com and just wanted to give my two cents.

I have had hosting with them for the last two months and have been nothing but satisfied. When I first started with them I had several very basic questions that I couldn't find the answers to. There phone support was very quick in handling my questions and also polite.

I have a message board, and host pictures from my website. Sunday of this week my message board stopped sending out email notifications. I ran a quick php code and confirmed it was the host and not the site. I then called and spoke with a tech that admittedly didn’t know much about the specifics of php mailer. She did put me on hold while she spoke with someone else about the problem. She stated that yes the problem was on their end and would be fixed within 24 hours (I called around 1 am US central time). My problem was fixed within 8 hours though.

I also just have the base plan for $4 a month and am very pleased, last month I used about 17gb of bandwidth with no complaints from GoDaddy, so if they are overselling I didn't see any effects. I also have several 5-10mb home videos that I have hosted that have download speeds that average 400kbs download speeds (I tested this with the help of friends, 20 different downloads across the US)

Finally I have found there site very user friendly, especially since two months ago I had no clue what MySQL, PHP, or Perl was. But I set up my site, and got it all running with their user-friendly interface.

I am in no way receiving any kind of re-imbursement for this, but I figure that if you do right by me, I will do right by you. If anyone has any questions let me know.

Lets hope they keep the service up to this high standard. At $4 a month though I have my doubts.

I agree, I hope they do keep it up. But for $4 a month they will continue to get my support until they make a huge error.

I feel that so far they have proven that they care enough to solve the problem for a $4 client. So what am I out if in 6 months things turn to crap? Nothing really I figure I will have saved a few bucks.

There are quiet a few mixed views upon GoDaddy's hosting services. But all in all a good review upon any company looks good.

Godaddy are very set-up and stable, they'll keep going

Yep, i use godaddy alot, they are very good

Glad others feel the same way.

Its suprising to me that they would allow you to host video downloads at that low of a price

I have read the TOS and didn't see anything that said I couldn't. And they havent said anything yet. We will see.

Seems that there is a good number of clients having a good review for GoDaddy. But you should always see some other review about GoDaddy and they totally differ from this.

No, we don't have any restraints on what you host (videos, images, etc.), as long as they don't violate any federal laws, nor do we really care how much bandwidth you eat up, because our automated billing system charges you $4.95 if you burst. I hardly ever see anyone go over their bandwidth limit, but from what I can gather, I'd venture to guess they're hoping you burst...

Also, you learned PHP, MySQl, and Perl well enough to run a server side checkup, all in a matter of a month? Congrats man, that's awesome.

Originally posted by GD Insider
    No, we don't have any restraints on what you host (videos, images, etc.), as long as they don't violate any federal laws, nor do we really care how much bandwidth you eat up, because our automated billing system charges you $4.95 if you burst. I hardly ever see anyone go over their bandwidth limit, but from what I can gather, I'd venture to guess they're hoping you burst...

Also, you learned PHP, MySQl, and Perl well enough to run a server side checkup, all in a matter of a month? Congrats man, that's awesome.
    I am not sure which department do you represent for GoDaddy, but you said that there is an automated charge to the client in case they exceed the bandwidth. What if the client does not want to exceed this limit and later on he knows that he has been charged.

I am not talking for any one in particular I just wanted to have a general action that you can take besides the automated billing thing.

i haven't found too many informations on godaddy, how many domains and subdomains can you host on the 4$ plan ?

Re: Wanted to give my thumbs up for GoDaddy

Originally posted by adamjon
    I then called and spoke with a tech that admittedly didn’t know much about the specifics of php mailer. She did put me on hold while she spoke with someone else about the problem.
    did you ask her what she was wearing?? was it by chance a skimpy tank top that said godaddy on it?
    if you haven't considered chapter 7 bankruptcy, maybe you should.
    eliminate your debt, keep the property you want, most people qualify.
    contrary to popular belief - no attorney is necessary!

LOL. In my dreams. I didn't think to ask.

8 hours to solve a problem is long for my standards. But everyone has different standards and I am glad they worked for you.
    ••• Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts! •••
    ••• http://www.sprintserve.net •••
    ••• Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting | •••
    ••• Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management | •••

8 hours when I called at midnight, and it was a problem the techie couldn't fix. It had to be done by the 9-5'ers. So I am all good with that.

Originally posted by GD Insider
    They, we? Identity crisis perhaps?
    bye