Stargate.com Deletion Policy Updated

Some of you know, I was upset with Stargate's policy on expired domains.

Tom assured all of us that Stargate.com now had a 40 day Late Renewal in place.

This was reassuring. And I decided, based on it, to not finish transferring all my domains from Stargate.

However, it seems I wasn't monitoring the admin email of a domain that expired on the 7th of this month (Wasn't worried. After all, I had 40 days to renew it.) and no longer am able to renew it.

I Pm'd Tom. No response.

I emailed Tom. No response.

I contacted stargate support and asked them what happend to the 40 day Late Renewal.

They said,
    The policy has changed several weeks ago.

Please see:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...9&#post2878029
    then click on Deletion Policies.
    "several weeks ago"?!? Wasn't it just eight weeks ago that Tom posted the "new policy?"

Just thought you might like to know that you don't have forty days any more. That seems short lived. If it lived at all.

Now it isn't going to matter what they say, I will no longer have any domains at stargate.com.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Their online deletion policy seems to confirm what you posted:

https://www.stargateinc.com/us/popup...tionPolicy.htm

STARGATE sends domain name renewal notices at the following intervals prior to expiration: 60, 30, 15, 7, 1 day prior to expiration and the expiration date. Renewal notices are sent to the Administrative and Billing contacts email address.

STARGATE places domain names into a 5 day "Late Renewal" grace period the following day after expiration (approximatley 7 hours after expiration date). During the grace period Stargate may, at it's sole discretion, route expired domains to a holding page and nameservers of our choice. Renewing a domain name during the Late Renewal Grace Period is subject to a fee of $149.95 (0-5 business days after expiration).

Domain names released by STARGATE after the grace period, due to expiration, fall directly into Redemption Grace Period for a period of 30 days before releasing to general availability. The fee to restore a domain name from Redemption grace period is $149.95, this includes an additional registration year. Click here to download the Redemption Restore Form

The CUSTOMER is solely responsible for requesting a domain name to be restored from Redemption Period. Restoring a domain name from Redemption Period is a manual process which can take 24-72 hours to process after receiving the required documents.

Updated 04/15/2005
    Sorry to read what happened. I'll PM Tom at dnforum, see if it may
    net any result.

Updated 04/15/2005
    Strange. I wonder what was updated then. My domain "expired" eight days prior.

It seemed awful nice of stargate to update us when they initiated a 40 day renewal policy.

I have to wonder why they felt we didn't need to be updated about the 5 day renewal.

Originally posted by davezan
    . . . I'll PM Tom at dnforum, see if it may
    net any result.
    Any word back?

Just kinda curious if he fell off the side of the earth; or is no longer with stargate. -=\