Spam using WHT's emails?

Everytime I sign up on a forum, I always use the forum name in my email - eg: webhostingtalk@example.com - this way if I start getting a lot of spam - I might be able to know who it came from. Of course I have webhostingtalk (the name) whitelisted so that it will get thru.

About a month ago, I received an email addressed to the email address I used for WHT. And then last night I received another one.

Just curious if anyone else does this as well?

What was the email about?

This one:
    Add 4 Inches Of Pure Manhood With our Penis Enlargement Pills
    And the last one was I think on how to enlarge my breasts. Seems their marketing sucks to say the least

received it almost everyday. Sign up at any of the hosting directory and you will get it

Hm, well I would definitely block those. It's just that these were addressed to webhostingtalk@mydomain.com

I do the same thing with my personal addresses Corey. Check the headers; you should find they aren't from anyone associated w/ WHT.

true - but how did they get WHT's email address. No one else has it. That is what makes me wonder

I have about 12 personal URL's; of those I get spam for support@ALLOFTHEM.com sales@AllOFTHEM.com director@ paypal@ etc. even though I haven't used any of them, nor even set most of them up. I'd suspect it has something to do w/ how spammers collect/send crap out....

Well those are known to most spammers. I guess now the spammers are going to be using the domain names - maybe I should add a number behind the domain name to prevent more

Originally posted by coreybryant
    Well those are known to most spammers. I guess now the spammers are going to be using the domain names - maybe I should add a number behind the domain name to prevent more
    Good idea. This place is pretty well know for email harvesting.
    Don't you walk thru my words
    You got to show some respect
    Don't you walk thru my words
    'Cause you ain't heard me out yet