PHP 5 is needed!

Hey guys,

I am trying to find a web host that is relativly cheap that supports PHP5 & MySQL.

Reason being I am developing a web application at the moment on PHP5 and soon will need some solid webspace to let other people test it. My current host only has PHP 4.3.1.

I need a good web host that is relativly cheap, but I am willing to spend more if it means better uptime and a better service.

I am looking for:
    - PHP 5 Support
    - MYSQL
    - PostgreSQL DB (not neccessary)
    - Multi-Domain management
    - Unlimited or Large amount of Sub Domains/Emails/FTP
    - Roughly anywhere between 1gb - 10gb of space
    - 50 - 200gb per month

I know those are pretty broad specs, but I need suggestions so please reply if you have any! Thanks.

I would try emailing some selected companies--some (like ***********) will steer your space to a machine that has the specs you need. Most have defaults that are more general (and probably running 4.3..) but I know some will have others available.

United Kingdom
    A lot of hosts still run PHP 4.3.x because it will break some scripts if they upgraded to PHP 5. If you get a VPS you can just install whatever version of PHP you want.
    Mark Stevens Ltd - Shared & Reseller Hosting
    (UK/US) Dedicated Servers & VPS Experienced Linux server admin for hire

Birmingham, UK
    True True. If you've got high-resource needs, and want to offer this out to other people soon enough, it'll be handy to have full access to the php config and server - so a VPS would be the way to go.

I'd agree. Also, up to 200gb bandwidth per month is quite much for shared hosting, and with such an application that uses php, mysql, and postgresql, I would think it would be heavy on resources.

Any host thats willing to do some work for you should be able to setup php5. Its pretty easy to get php5 working on a per account basis.

Lansing, MI, USA
    That and it really would depend on how much you plan to actually pay.

1-10GB Diskspace?
    50-200GB Bandwidth??

What are you expecting to find this for?
    Jacob - WebOnce Technologies - 30 Day 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Over 5 Years Going Strong!
    Website Hosting, PHP4&5, RoR, MySQL 5.0, Reseller Hosting, Development, and Designs