Firewalls on Windows 2003 servers

Hi!
    I love free trials. This way...you can learn how really bad a certain companie's offerings are without spending a dime. I have came to the conclusion tonight...after having one not work at all..and....the second..um.."product" from Kerio decided after I told it not to block traffic at first so I can could give it some rules...decided that this was a very bad idea...and decided instead that nobody needed access to the server at all.

Ok. now that I know that Kerio and 8 signs firewalls are not a very good option at all...is there anything else? I was surprised to find that CA had no offerings for Won 2003...I've always thought they had everything a person could want...of course...if you can afford it.
    Trivoli might have something...but I doubt I could afford it.

Anything else out there?

Well...at least there is an upshot to this. This does give me time to study that Windows 2003 server book I have.

Thanks,

Bryon

Try BlackIce.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development

Not for Win2003...:(

Hi!
    Thanks for trying...but...BlackIce isn't even for 2003. Kinda pricey, too...$300.00! I'm about to give up on this...and just configure NAT and lock it down using Unca Bill's tools.

Bryon

We use the Syagte firewall - been very pleased with it

Originally posted by coreybryant
    We use the Syagte firewall - been very pleased with it
    Sygate fw is not 100% compatible with Windows 2003. I have a website that contains forum and photo upload functionalities. My server crashs whenever a user submits a text message in the forum or uploads an image to the gallery.

After all it was Sygate fw causing the problem. Now I'm using Windows 2003 built-in fw. Everything is fine now.
    Counter-Strike Rule....

Hm, never had any issues with it. And we use running PHP with avatar uploading. And we have clients using ASP with a photo album as well.

Clients are running vBulletin, Snitz, and Webwiz with no problems.

When I had a windows dedi setup I was using Visnetic firewall from Deerfield http://www.deerfield.com/products/visnetic-firewall/

Worked awesome!