Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is Stormpay A Scam?

There are many people saying Stormapy is a scam on below link.
    What do you think?

http://www.getpaidforum.com/forums/s...m-t181073.html

link to payingez

If you look at the integration sections of stormpay stormpay dot com /stormpay/user/glc_integration_manual d o t h t m l ) and payingez (payingez dot com /integrate d o t a s p) you'll notice that both highly questionable (there's a compliment) outfits use the same text and fonts for their integration systems. Did paying ez copy stormpay? I think I read something linking them but my head is spinning too much now to find that thread. Does anyone have it?

and what is up with the 5 pst minimum to pust a web address? we're here to talk about web sites

Re: link to payingez

Originally posted by easternhandling
    If you look at the integration sections of stormpay stormpay dot com /stormpay/user/glc_integration_manual d o t h t m l ) and payingez (payingez dot com /integrate d o t a s p) you'll notice that both highly questionable (there's a compliment) outfits use the same text and fonts for their integration systems. Did paying ez copy stormpay? I think I read something linking them but my head is spinning too much now to find that thread. Does anyone have it?
    I have noticed both stormpay and payingez have an almost same design quite some time ago. But I do not know who is the copycat? Or they could be realated?

Originally posted by easternhandling
    and what is up with the 5 pst minimum to pust a web address? we're here to talk about web sites [/B]
    You need to have at least 5 posts if you want to post a web site address in this forum.

I joined stormpay some time ago (about 5 months ago) but i didnt get a good impression about them, so i stopped using them and got a 2CO account instead.

Originally posted by Dactyl
    I joined stormpay some time ago (about 5 months ago) but i didnt get a good impression about them, so i stopped using them and got a 2CO account instead.
    Did you get all your money from Stormpay?

Originally posted by cavalry
    Did you get all your money from Stormpay?
    Actually i didnt use them to recieve any payments so i cant really comment on that side.

I thought most of these pay sites are using the same cheap script? Which is why they look so much alike.

It sounds scary all this.

I realy hope everyone will get what they are owed.

I dunno why all of you had problems with Stormpay.

I have used them for almost 8 months without any single problem.

I have stopped using them recently just because of their WIRE TRANSFER issue.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

I do not have any problems either, so far!
    But just sharing this with all of you from other people's ideas.

Its good to stay ALERT. I have been seeing 100s of complaints against PayPal / 2CO also, so I guess it depends on the user / seller and the terms and conditions of every company is extremely important.

We must go through the terms and conditions before applying for anything.
    IndoUS Hosting Quality IT Services since 2004
    Shared Hosting Reseller Hosting Dedicated Servers Domain Names
    Custom Web Development Mobile Application Development SEO
    Custom E-Commerce Solutions, Sports Portals, Health Care - Health Tourism Portals

You are absolutely right! But how many of us will go through the terms and conditions?

I sent out a payment to a logo designer yesterday using stormpay. He's been using it for a while, I'm assuming they're a reliable (relatvely speaking obviously.)

I started to use stormpay in March 2005, received payments, but when requested a check withdrawal it did not arrive even after 20 days.

Originally posted by FreakingStudios
    I thought most of these pay sites are using the same cheap script? Which is why they look so much alike.
    Probably yes. You can have the site like these ones in one second (but you should find a CC gateway for real CC transactions). I've seen a guy from Russa (found on ScriptLance site) selling PHP script same as StormPay, etc... (Search "paypal" or "stormpay" at ScriptLance and see)

Not good for us (merchants).
    I've sold my site

ScriptLance. com was a good hint. I didn't know this site before.

Hm, I don't see why they require every new buyer to send his documnents before his transaction is completed? ...Anyone sees the point?

Originally posted by wdi-home
    Hm, I don't see why they require every new buyer to send his documnents before his transaction is completed? ...Anyone sees the point?
    But so far I have not heard from my new customers that they need to send their documents to Stormpay.

When I try to purchase and I don't have an account it gives me a message "If your account isn't certified you'll be sent an authorization form you must return it by fax along with photocopy ID etc.. etc.. "

Maybe it's a new update?

When I try to purchase and I don't have an account it gives me a message "If your account isn't certified you'll be sent an authorization form you must return it by fax along with photocopy ID etc.. etc.. "

Maybe it's a new update?
    When did you receive this type of message?
    I mean when did you try to make purchase via Stormpay,
    and you received this message?

I was giving them a try so I added a test product and I went on purchasing it and so I got that message after Credit Card Details. Which is a hard task actually and takes a long time.

well lot of people using strompay, It will be really shocking news for those....

I'm not 100% sure, but I am talking about my own experience when trying to purchase. It's now forcing every buyer to get account, not that only get certified too. Pain?

I'm not 100% sure, but I am talking about my own experience when trying to purchase. It's now forcing every buyer to get account, not that only get certified too. Pain?
    But if we look from another angle, it is a good way to reduce fraudulent orders.

Isn't a chargeback more painful?

But If we look from a third angle .. It's more painful for customers and buyers. Because Internet customers want to shop fast & easy.

Anyway I want to say, that stormpay will begin losing many merchants for this action.

But If we look from a third angle .. It's more painful for customers and buyers. Because Internet customers want to shop fast & easy.
    Sure, this is very important on running a successful e-business.
    I agree on this!

Anyway I want to say, that stormpay will begin losing many merchants for this action.
    I also want to add Stormpay will lose more merchants since
    they are no longer providing wire transfer service!

Do you think implementing more security tasks such as asking the buyer for his photocopy ID, etc... by fax is a logical act as they would think that their "Fraud Detection" program/system is very weak to prevent unauthorized charges and transfers?

I think this for a simple reason. Other 3rd parties don't ask for that kind of documents, never.. do you think they have a higher fraud volume than in stormpay? personally I don't think.

I think it all depends on the fraud screening and preventing any unauthorized charge from the beginning.

This is just my thought and others have the right to disagree with me.

Do you think implementing more security tasks such as asking the buyer for his photocopy ID, etc... by fax is a logical act as they would think that their "Fraud Detection" program/system is very weak to prevent unauthorized charges and transfers?
    Ah..huh! This is very posssible.
    I remember what Coulumbus mentioned Stormpay refunded the shopper 2 days after Stormpay had released the order confirmation to Columbus, check out this link:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...light=stormpay

I think this for a simple reason. Other 3rd parties don't ask for that kind of documents, never.. do you think they have a higher fraud volume than in stormpay? personally I don't think.
    Except YowCow, or Moneybookers, I cannot think of any other 3rd party processors will ask for shoppers' documents.

I just placed order for a web host plan via 2CO about 3 days ago, I was using my yahoo email to place order, 2CO did not ask for my extra information at all, the order just went straight through.

And RegSoft did not ask for my information either when I bought a software online.

I know CCNow will ask for manual submission only when they are suspicious the orders.

I think it all depends on the fraud screening and preventing any unauthorized charge from the beginning.

This is just my thought and others have the right to disagree with me.
    I think so.

But I do not know if Stormpay will ask for every single shopper's documents? Or they ask only when they are suspicious?

Regarding to what I see when I place an order with them, It should apply to every single shopper. I can't believe this is true! And If its not true, they MUST review the "text" on their order forms.

You people are just overlooking the requirement or are confused by the wording. A buyer just needs to register. After registration he adds his credit card to the system and simply pays through it.

If you do not send them photo IDs and other documents, your status is marked as "unverified" but this does not affect your ability to use the credit card. However buyer's "unverified" status is passed on to the merchant to help him make his decision.

I am daily receiving orders through them. Ok, I have another problem. On Apr 14, I requested a withdrawal by check from my stormpay account. The request was processed, but today I received an email that withdrawal returned due to the reason: Returned by PO marked.

I have checked my profile, my address is correct. What is this error? Did anybody else faced a similar situation? What will they do now?

Ok, found their response. Amazingly quick on Sunday! Actually they used a mailing system, not available in my country.

Even though, forcing the buyer to register isn't a wise act. But you can use it as a backup processor.

Good to see that your problem is solved in Sunday!! I wish Emetrix would take some time in weekend to approve new applications but nothing yet.

But I do not think Stormpay requires every shopper to fax their documents, because I have noticed most of my return customers are still under Stormpay unverified status.

Are you sure?

So now what my clients need to do to pay through stormpay? Signup? phone to confirm order? or no singup entirely required? I really need to know.

Please let me double check with my stormpay customer database,
    and I will let you know in few hours, because I need to go now.

In fact, I do not feel very comfortable to use Stormpay, but I have to use them because I have no choice!

You must be selling physical goods..

You must be selling physical goods..
    Yes, you are right! Currently I am selling physical goods,
    and I have suffered enought to ship those tangible
    goods. I think selling soft products will make our life easier.
    I am going to sell soft products soon, and I am looking for
    a 3rd party processor for my soft products.

About my Stormpay customers, I have only three regular
    customers with Stormpay verified status, and one regular
    customer is still under unverified status. The rest of one time
    buying customers are under unverified status.

do i have to fund my account first before i can puschase just like uniclear requires?

Originally posted by mc-2000
    do i have to fund my account first before i can puschase just like uniclear requires?
    It depends on what payment options you want to use:

(1) You can use your credit/debit card to buy online directly
    without adding funds to your Stormpay account.

(2) You can also add funds to your stormpay account from
    your credit/debit card, this is for more security purpose
    if comparing to (1).

(3) You can add funds to your Stormpay account by sending
    check or money order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast