I am looking for a hard working Linux System Administrator who can remotely manage a RedHat Enterprise Linux server that is being used for Web Hosting.
The Position is temporary for a few months, to substitute for a current administrator, but with possibility of expanding into a full time position.
- Have excellent knowledge of the Linux Environment
- Have in-depth knowledge of compiling and installing Linux kernels
- Have the knowledge of maintaining a Web Hosting Server
- Have the knowledge in installing and maintaining Apache, Perl, PHP, mySQL, EXIM, DNS, FTP, and CPanel/WHM applications
- Have knowledge in working with IPTables
- Have moderate shell scripting expertise
- Have strong communication skills
- The administrator should have the ability to be contacted and respond to received server alerts 24/7
- Provide minor assistance on the online helpdesk
- Be able to communicate with the data center during server outages and post updates for clients
- Have some sort of an instant messaging software (i.e AIM, MSN, ICQ, Yahoo) for communication
If the below is not in your resume, please include the following information in your e-mail:
- Your Location (City, State Country).
- Your Time Zone
- Your date of birth
- Languages you speak/read/write.
- Hours when you are generally online in EDT (Eastern Daylight Time)
- Your expected pay for this position
- Since the first part of the interview will be over some instant messenger, please also include the ID(s) or Names(s) that can be used to contact you. We will arrange a time prior to contacting you on IM.
Please send resumes and the requested information to: MyTechResume [@] gmail.com . If you have any questions regarding the job description, please also e-mail to the above address.