Thread: reseller6.com

reseller6.com

reseller6.com is having major problems lateley. Their servers are overloaded, loosing my e-amails. Please keep away!!

You may wish to add your domain name to this post for credibility and also expound a little..

Re: reseller6.com

Originally posted by balagoonda
    reseller6.com is having major problems lateley. Their servers are overloaded, loosing my e-amails. Please keep away!!
    Hi!

It would be better if you back your claim with some facts... probably there could be some problem with your account also.. though unless we have details we cant say anything..
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

a 2 line review wont appeal to much people, You see its alot of other factors that count, a little more information would prove more useful.
    Regards

Here is some facts, unfortunately I am not able to post the alarming red colors for the "FAILED" processes.

HD is 92%, Var is full, exim falis and everything else...
    -----------------------------------------------

Service Status
    Main >> Server Status >> Service Status

apache (1.3.33 (Unix)) up
    bind (9.2.4) up
    cppop up
    cpsrvd up
    exim (exim-4.50-0_cpanel_smtpctl_av_rewrite_mm2_mmmtrap_exiscan_md5pass) failed
    exim-26 failed
    eximstats up
    ftpd up
    imap up
    interchange up
    mysql (4.0.22-standard) up
    postgresql up
    spamd up
    syslogd up
    Server Load 39.14 (4 cpus)
    Memory Used 29.9 %
    Swap 0.997 %
    Disk sda3 (/) 19 %
    Disk sda1 (/boot) 50 %
    Disk sda5 (/tmp) 3 %
    Disk sda6 (/usr) 31 %
    Disk sda7 (/var) 100 %
    Disk sda8 (/backup) 1 %
    Disk sdb1 (/home) 92 %

reseller6 is ran by the company who made lpanel, and if I remember correctly sold unlimited accounts on e-bay late last year.

You might want to backup all your files while you have a chance. With stats like that, anything can happen.

Hi,

Can anyone recommed a reliable host that you have had experience with for a reasonable time?

Regards.

Server Load 39.14 (4 cpus)
    Disk sda7 (/var) 100 %
    Disk sdb1 (/home) 92 %

Ouch!

As far as recomended hosts for resellers... every reseller host i've been with has been nothing but trouble, so i ended up going to a VPS... im sure there are reputable, and reliable reseller hosts out there though.
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Can anyone recommed a reliable host that you have had experience with for a reasonable time?
    balagoonda, whichever reseller host you end up with, make sure that their prices at least give the appearance of a sustainable business model. You see, reseller hosting is similar to shared hosting, but there is a sensible difference.

While in the case of shared hosting, higher overselling levels can be manageable because the customers rarely utilise what they've bought, resellers tend to use a higher percent what what they were allocated.

In other words, while very cheap shared hosting can sometimes be reasonably reliable, reseller hosting sold at the same price levels is most likely doomed from the very start.

I recommend you take a look at the prices of dedicated servers and then run a few scenarios to guestimate the sustainability of a certain business model.

Good luck in your search!

I also think VPS is much-much better than Reseller accounts.

Nowadays VPS come at $35 to $50 pm.

My advice is - say NO to reseller accounts. Because in the end you will find out that the server will be overcrowded, services will keep on failing, slow site response e.t.c.

Better go for VPS.
    • www.host.ac = advanced hosting accounts
      the most powerful shared hosting accounts available anywhere

Hi,

Thank you for all the information. But what exactly VPS means? I understand it sounds like a shared dedicated server or someting in that nature? I only have some personal sites I was hosting, and the term is new to me. And where can I get such service?

Thank you for all the information in advance.

Regards...

Originally posted by balagoonda
    Hi,

Thank you for all the information. But what exactly VPS means? I understand it sounds like a shared dedicated server or someting in that nature? I only have some personal sites I was hosting, and the term is new to me. And where can I get such service?

Thank you for all the information in advance.

Regards...
    A VPS stands for Virtual private server. It is basically a dedicated server chopped into smaller sections with each section having guaranteed resources as well as burst resources when available and needed. Just remember that a VPS requires more responsibility on your part because you are dealing with WHM/Cpanel at root and requires some tweaking to secure it down among other things.

A few good vps providers are servint.com powervps.com and liquidweb.com

I hope that helps