invivo-host.com - $150 - Unmetered BW and Disk

Has anyone used them? I searched and saw the member Mr. Cheeky here is the admin there but no reviews or anything about it. But here is the deal: www.invivo-host.com/index.php?id=webhosting

$150/year for unlimited BW and Disk.. obviously overselling, but how bad could it be? Any word from Mr Cheeky? any thing we should know ?

How bad could it be?

How bad is losing $150?

Read their TOS document to check what hard limites they place on your account such as resource usage, should be up to 10%

Unlimited bandwidth is impossible to honour, as "unlimited" hosts work on the concept your site won't be a bandwidth hog, but for most reasonable size sites, as long as the server is of reasonable specifications you probably will have no problem whilst that host in question remains small.

Generally the word unlimited and bandwidth in the same sentence is enough to put the standard client off the company in question, but I can't say for sure, they may very well be a great host.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

I would call it more blatant lying than obvious over selling.. My suggestion is to go month to month if possible and never commit to a year with any host until you have used them for a period of time which you feel comfortable with them.

Especially a host who has only been in business for one month and feels the need to lie to people to draw business.

Would you go with a company that lied to you since the start of your partnership with them?

Especially seeing how there is no such thing as unlimited hard drives.

Quote Originally Posted by DssTrainer
    $150/year for unlimited BW and Disk.. obviously overselling,
    In the topic and at the link you posted they say "Unmetered" when referring to the bandwidth and Webspace.

I believe there is a difference. Someone with more experience may be able to explain.

Originally posted by seiken
    Quote Originally Posted by DssTrainer
    $150/year for unlimited BW and Disk.. obviously overselling,
    In the topic and at the link you posted they say "Unmetered" when referring to the bandwidth and Webspace.

I believe there is a difference. Someone with more experience may be able to explain.
    You do make a good point.

Unlimited means you can have an infinate amount of something, and unmetered means that they do not actively monitor your bandwidth consumption.
    BeeServe
    * Rock solid shared & reseller UK webhosting. No downtime™ *
    Now offering fully managed VPS servers

You are about to loose $150

do you believe on a disk with unlimited space?
    .:. Enterprise SAN Consultant .:.

I think I will sign up.
    Unmetered disk space must be true.

I have three servers that I need to back up. This looks like a perfect solution.

Originally posted by blue27
    I think I will sign up.

I have three servers that I need to back up. This looks like a perfect solution.
    After you get your account, set me up with an FTP account, I can use some backup space too

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

I think I will sign up.

It really is true, I heard Google were giving up their DCs and moving to one of those plans.

OK i sent my $150.. now i have "unmetered" space, and since its never checked, I can use all I want ! WOOHOO. time to start my DMAIL.COM program and blow gmail away... check my site at doogle.com

I think I will sign up.

Yeah, I could sign up for an account and back up the 80 servers we have sitting here too. You think backups every 5 minutes would be overkill? That shouldn't be a problem, right?

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

yeah. I've heard that the "Unlimited Space" is just a Lie. I Personally, working with computers over 8 years both hardware and software, that it is no way.

There is no such thing as "Unlimited". Everything has a limit. Honestly, in my opinion anyone that offers "unlimited" web space and "unlimited" bandwidth is someone you should stay away from.