cPanel: A bajillion bandwith exceeded e-mails

Is there a reason cPanel feels compelled to e-mail me constantly telling me I'm at 80% of my bandwidth limit? It's like a ploy to use the remaining 20%...

I run a server, and gave my site a fairly strict bandwidth limit, so that I'd notice if it saw a spike in activity.

I've received 14 e-mails saying I'm at 80% of my bandwidth limit. It seems like they're coming about every 90 minutes.

And then I receive just as many on my administrator account.

Do I have something horribly misconfigured that makes cPanel e-mail happy, or is it just designed to drive people to insanity?

Originally posted by fog
    Is there a reason cPanel feels compelled to e-mail me constantly telling me I'm at 80% of my bandwidth limit? It's like a ploy to use the remaining 20%...
    An unfortunate choice of implementation by cPanel. This is why we disable the notices on our servers that run cPanel. It would have made more sense for them to insert the option into the enduser control panel rather than as a global on/off choice in the WHM.

When i was setting up a cpanel server one of the services was down because the server was still not 100% working. I recieved about 500 email from cpanel saying blah blah has failed. At that rate im lucky to that i dont rely on a hotmail account or something to recieve those emails.

I hate the cPanel e-mails as well They are constant!