pro's and con's for reseller

what the advantage of getting a areseller account? im thinking of getting one as i want to run a couple of projects using about 5 or 6 seperate domains and hsoting. i would prefer to have them all under one host and the easiest and cheapest way i though was using a reseller account. do you think this is the best way to go?

Sounds like you answered your own question by listing a few of the advantages of a reseller account. Being able to allocate your space to different projects as required you can probably save yourself some money over paying for a shared account for each individual project.
    Greg Lubbelinkhof

Hi,

Reseller Plan has the following advantages too:

* your unique hosting plans

* storage space and bandwidth are shared among users - many users only use a very small amount of space and bandwidth despite they sign up a higher plan.

* like running your own hosting company.

* create hosting accounts by yourself.

* etc..

Good luck!

General Pros and Cons of a Reseller account:

Pros:

+ Very affordable
    + Create virtual accounts quickly and easily
    + Have access to pre-installed software
    + Account is managed (don't have to worry about server administration or security patches)
    + The easiest and cheapest way to start a hosting company

Cons:

- No root access
    - Inability to install/run certain software
    - Account is under a shared environment / resources are shared
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

do you think this is the best way to go?
    A reseller account or a true multiple domains hosting account are IMO the better way to manage multiple sites. Addon domains should not be considered a real option. They're a pain in the... well... you know where.

One thing to weigh carefully is the risk of having all your sites down at the same time, which can be a nightmare.

For his purpose, dont' you think a shared multi-domain account is cheaper.?

He just want to host multiple sites.

Generally a shared account is cheaper than a reseller account.

Originally posted by hellind2
    For his purpose, dont' you think a shared multi-domain account is cheaper.?

He just want to host multiple sites.

Generally a shared account is cheaper than a reseller account.
    Personally, I believe that is very unorganized.

what the advantage of getting a areseller account? im thinking of getting one as i want to run a couple of projects using about 5 or 6 seperate domains and hsoting. i would prefer to have them all under one host and the easiest and cheapest way i though was using a reseller account. do you think this is the best way to go?
    A reseller account is excellent because it helps you stay organized and it gives you a lot of control. Each account can have its own CPanel login and private FTP. I would go for a reseller in your case.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

thanks for the advice guys i think i prefer the idea of the reseller and it would give me the option to sell hosting if i ever want to.

how does the add on domains work ive not come accross that before?

would that worj the same as web forwarding or would it keeo the name of the domain in the addres bar as if u were on that domain all the time?