Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

just answer can we hide or not

Hello

Not sure about this info . can we hide our info from Whois i have my own dedicated server but i'am thinking to buy my Own Server and put it in my room but i need to know can i hide my info like where is the server at etc..

Thankyou
      0 Not allowed!

There is an asian saying "paper can not cover a fire"
    Synergy Blue LLC
    SonataWeb.net | SynergyBlue.com
    USA should so something about: http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by VapoRub
    There is an asian saying "paper can not cover a fire"
    LOL and how about i give you one asian website if u find any info or where is the server is then i will shutup because i know that there is a way if u need then i can send u pm with the link but i dont no how this site have hide their info
      0 Not allowed!

Isn't that concealing information from your customers which, to me, is fraud. If you want to conceal info from your customers and make them believe you have big datacenters all over the world, then fine, but the hosting industry will kill you off very quickly if you do

Wouldn't a better option be to go buy a server and colocate to a datacenter? What happens if there's a powercut in your area? Lightning strikes? Fire? Someone breaks in? What you gonna do then - make an announcement on your site: "Sorry, but my house got broke into last night and my server was nicked, sorry, but I'm just a guy who has a server in my basement and like to call myself a web host"?
      0 Not allowed!

I would have to agree with will7, starting a web hosting business off a server at your home isnt a good idea, the service that you'll offer wont be reliable and all you will do is damage your name on the long run, I suggest you colocate a server.
      0 Not allowed!

What is The Diffrents if i put the Server in my home or just give it to any company colocate nathing they will put it in the Cold Room and that is all ..

well the truth is about the Company is you dont no who u can trust they will Steal your Databse and share or sell it for other company i think u know what i mean .. this is the one problem

many company do this .. i dont need to go and talk more about this.. but this is one of the reson ..

so the only Problem i have is in my cauntry is not Allow the Adult website and i have host for 2 website who run Adult .. and i dont need to share my info to get more Troble so i ask how can i hide my Info etc.. i know there is a website who did this already ..

Sorry about my bad English
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sorry, what is different about a house and datacenter?!?!?!?
    Read the bottom of my post. There is so much stuff that could go wrong at your home that you could not handle!

Blackouts, lightning strikes, fire, burglary etc. Datacenters handle all these with things like backup generators, instant fire extinguishers and 24 x 7 x 365 security.

Not to mention the server overheating! You'd need to keep it in a cool place, one thats constantly cool which would be hard to find in a house but in a DC they have devices to control the temperature and keep it at a level which protects the servers.

To get all the stuff that a DC has and put it in your house would cost, literally, millions of dollars. Not to mention you'd need a damn big house!

Also, do you really belive they steal your databases? Maybe some of the tiny ones do, I don't know. But, say, The Planet, a world-reknowned DC, why would they bother? They wouldn't! Just colocate to a large DC and you'll be fine.
      0 Not allowed!

If that's your attitude, I wouldn't like to be your customer ...

There is a *BIG* difference, hosting your site from home is totally different to hosting it in a datacentre - and people will notice the difference, especially when the power goes out, and your Cable/DSL line has been maxed.

Dan
    █ Dan Kitchen | Technical Director | Razorblue
    █ ddi: (+44) (0)1748 900 680 | e: dkitchen@razorblue.com
    █ UK Intensive Managed Hosting, Clusters and Colocation.
    █ HP Servers, Cisco/Juniper Powered BGP Network (AS15692).
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah, I wouldn't want to be his customer either Dan! I don't think he quite gets why, though, lol. No matter how many people tell him, he'll probably do it, screw it up and then come complaining to us saying no-one told him. Heh.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Dream OFF
    so the only Problem i have is in my cauntry is not Allow the Adult website and i have host for 2 website who run Adult .. and i dont need to share my info to get more Troble so i ask how can i hide my Info etc.. i know there is a website who did this already ..
    Do you realise this is illegal? Some countries which restrict adult content on the net would lock you up for years for this. You have two options:

1) Rent a dedi, or colo, in a DC located in the western world.
    2) Don't bother, just buy some games, and entertain yourself a different way.

I really recommend you go with option 2, because if you're not allowed to host adult contents in your country, I sincerely doubt you'd be allowed to access them in any way (as your ISP probably blocks the majority).
      0 Not allowed!

This will cost you about $10 if you register your domain with Hostway.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: just answer can we hide or not

Originally posted by Dream OFF
    Hello

Not sure about this info . can we hide our info from Whois i have my own dedicated server but i'am thinking to buy my Own Server and put it in my room but i need to know can i hide my info like where is the server at etc..

Thankyou
    It's all about marketing my friend and you are setting yourself up for a challenge. Not impossible, but challenging. When I come back this afternoon I'll give you my thoughts but in the meantime, think about what you are offering your customers in terms of cooling, power, server specifications, 'onsite support' options and your technical know-how. Focus on what you CAN provide versus what you cannot. And do not fall for advice to compare yourself to other datacenters. Leave the comparisons to the critics.

Just don't lie - be creative. Kind of like your first resume. Every simple detail is worded to sound impressive.
    Adam - AQORN
    Official OpenStack Foundation Member, Corporate Sponsor and AI Research Team
    Our Clients: Facebook | Red Hat | Starbucks | AT&T | HPE | NVIDIA | CrowdStrike | Cisco | Juniper | SAP | Autodesk | SUSE | Ubuntu
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by shockuk
    Do you realise this is illegal?
    Sure he does, that's why he's trying to hide it....Even so, he'll not be able to hide his IPs, and eventually someone could find him.

I'm curious how long it might take for a couple of adult sites to max out a residential connection though.
    It's time to kick back, pop in a From Autumn to Ashes CD, and relax.....
      0 Not allowed!

Well he can't hide it even if his whois information is ok, unless he is able to get some ips's from an upstream provider with dedicated links, he will have some cable or home internet ip.

Plus he is starting off trying to be deceitful with his customers and has no idea why there is a difference between a home and a datacenter so I just have to ask why I or any of us are wasting our time posting in this thread. Clearly he will be out of business shortly after his mom plugs the vaccum in.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend to everyone - NEVER use your DSL or Cable connection to host websites that pay for their hosting. It's fine if you want to do it for a learning experience but for real web hosting? No way. There are so many reasons why you should not do this and when you weigh things out, it is worthless.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Sigmaservers
    Well he can't hide it even if his whois information is ok, unless he is able to get some ips's from an upstream provider with dedicated links, he will have some cable or home internet ip.

Plus he is starting off trying to be deceitful with his customers and has no idea why there is a difference between a home and a datacenter so I just have to ask why I or any of us are wasting our time posting in this thread. Clearly he will be out of business shortly after his mom plugs the vaccum in.

"Mom, you just brought down rack four! Quick, grab the car battery!"
      0 Not allowed!

well there is away to be anonymous as my friend he have a Very lanrg company in hongkong and he also ask me to put my server there ... but i was wondering if we can do it from my home as what my friend say .. that no body can get your info from any whois

anyway thanks guys for all the commants made here.. we just need to learn this all
      0 Not allowed!

So, you try to do something illegal and come here to ask people to have a way to cover it? Obeying law is just a start of business.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Downloadinn
    So, you try to do something illegal and come here to ask people to have a way to cover it? Obeying law is just a start of business.
    it's kidz commant i will not commant in this Reply

Thankyou
      0 Not allowed!

I would love to know how to conceal where the website is hosted too.

Whois the owner/registrant info of a domain can be private but where the webiste is hosted will show.

It is okay to host paid clients on a server located anywhere including the closet as long as the client is aware and willing. It is definitely not a good business model for a web-hosting company, hosting as hobby for friends and acquaintances if they are aware should be fine.

Although I am not ignorant that nobody will steal your data in a dc but honest dc and staff will not do it, they just don't have the free time to do such things.

A client actually wanted me to host their site on my server at my home due to the same reason as yours. It is their very legal normal ecommerce site with customer info. After lengthy discussion, I managed to convince them otherwise.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Dream OFF

Thankyou
    Wha? Could you learn to speak english? I think you are saying that that was a kid's comment so you're not going to reply? Well, I'll have you know there are a lot of "kids" on here who are very intelligent.

And the comment he made was true, obeying the law is just the start of business!
      0 Not allowed!

For the most part, its impossible to hide where a server on the internet is.
    As far as registrations of where things are, thats easy but pointless.
    AppliedOperations - Premium Service
    Bandwidth | Colocation | Hosting | Managed Services | Consulting
    www.appliedops.net
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by will7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dream OFF

Thankyou
    Wha? Could you learn to speak english? I think you are saying that that was a kid's comment so you're not going to reply? Well, I'll have you know there are a lot of "kids" on here who are very intelligent.

And the comment he made was true, obeying the law is just the start of business!

First Off This is Community bring poeple from all around the world i'am perty sure from reading your commants you have a dead community or you dont have at all because you dont no how to deal with the community by saying "Hey Could you Learn How to Speak English " this is anther Kid commants anyway good luck i'am not going to reply more for such commants like this because kid always have more time ...

Good lpunk
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by efarmer

Although I am not ignorant that nobody will steal your data in a dc but honest dc and staff will not do it, they just don't have the free time to do such things.

A client actually wanted me to host their site on my server at my home due to the same reason as yours. It is their very legal normal ecommerce site with customer info. After lengthy discussion, I managed to convince them otherwise.
    OK i think many company when they need to steal .. they steal the scripts/Emails and many more .. i know a company who did this alreay by steal databse of the mailinglist and seling it to anther company and so on ..

Everyone will say if the email was send from somewhere that u are not sure u are going to report them .. well the first email u can't do anything .. this is the thru only if u ask them .. to remove you and they send you back with anther email then maybe u can report them ..

many many company is doing this ..

Peace.
      0 Not allowed!

I find it very hard to believe that a respectable company would steal your information... after awhile people would figure it out and it would be all over the internet.
    Hiding your buisness details from customers does not get you customers (I've been a customer, and I'm sure many of the guys on here have), and if I can't see all the information clearly, then it's a definate no!
    Plus, I wouldn't want the FBI or a foreign equivalant to knock on my door and tell me I'm going to prison for hosting illegal websites.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast