Talking Registrars Review

NameCheap:

What can I say about namecheap that hasn't already been said. These guys/gals are awesome, support is friendly, prices are good, the web interface is awesome. My only complaint is they are an enom reseller and I have had some bad dealings in the past with enom :-/ Once they become icann accreddited they will be my primary registrar.

Grade: A

GoDaddy:

Many people love them and many people hate them, I happen to like them very much. I have never had a problem with GoDaddy or their support/services. I'm acutally thinking of getting a server there. However I do say the junk they bombard you with is shady.

Grade: A-

Registerfly:

Registerfly is also an enom reseller which drops it down in the books for me,the lack of support and that you have to fight to find it bugs me. However prices and the interface is nice

Grade: B+

Dotster:

Dotster isn't a bad company, their support is good, their web interface is decent but their prices are a little bit high.

Grade: B

1and1:

Singup process was easy, no need for support, web interface was lacking, prices were good. I don't use them because they aren't a USA based corporation.

Grade: B

NameSecure:

Well they aren't bad but they aren't good. Their web inetrface is kind of clunky and not very user friendly, support also seems to be lacking, however prices are good.

Grade: B-

OpenSRS

Prices are high, web interface is ho-hum, support is ho-hum.

Grade: C+

Web.com

Prices are an astounding $4.95 but they provide you H-sphere domain management which I am less then pleased with.

Grade: C+

Register.com

Prices are killer, however support and the interface is good.

Grade: C

DomainSite:

Used them and never again I say, their interface is horrible, customer support is ho-hum and they have 10 domains in my account that I transfered a while back.

Grade: D

Companies I won't use:
    netfirms - heard some bad things about them
    ev1servers - one word: SCO
    namescount - just looks kind of crappy, unless someone can tell me otherwise
    networksolutions - bleh, we all know why they suck

Companies i might try in the future:
    theplanet
    monkier

where is eNom??.. am i missing out something??

Enom is covered with NameCheap, no complaints.
    Name123.com [ We are online Since 2004! ]
    Cheapest Domain Registration & Reseller Services!
    ENOM Domain Reseller Account with Lowest Industry Prices! (Details)
    Plus Excellent Technical Support Along The Way!

Actually I had a direct account with Enom many years ago which is why I still have a grudge with enom so I'll review them.

Enom:

Interface at the time was ho-hum, support was non-existant, literally lost 4 of my domains, said tough luck.

Grade: F

Originally posted by RossH
    Actually I had a direct account with Enom many years ago which is why I still have a grudge with enom so I'll review them.

Enom:

Interface at the time was ho-hum, support was non-existant, literally lost 4 of my domains, said tough luck.

Grade: F
    oic..... sad story there

allow me..

Enom:
    interface/domain management sys: A
    customer support: F

dont flame me... just my luck perhaps
    peace

i tried 1cheapdomains.com and they are horrible.
    There domain interface were bogus a lot and support is as cheap as their interface...
    The dns configuration were hard to change ...

I had 3 domains there( my first 3 domains)... After buying a domain with godaddy, i transfered all of my domains to godaddy and never had any problems with godaddy... Their prices are very good and the interface is perfect for me... I never had to contact support so i can say anything about it.

Also, one of the transfered domains were still there even after the transfer...

Someday, i'll try namecheap... but i do prefer to have all my domains in one place for now... but someday... maybe

Re: Registrars Review

ev1servers - one word: SCO
    SCO?

Companies i might try in the future:
    theplanet
    monkier [/B]
    I think you're referring to moniker. Or am I a monkey's uncle?

Enom:

Grade: F [/B]
    A few years ago eNom was pretty much just starting up as a domain registrar. A lot of the registrars have some struggles when just starting up. A whole lot of things have changed at eNom in the last few years. Is there any hope of you giving them another chance?

Re: Re: Registrars Review

Originally posted by davezan
    SCO?
    EV1 helped fund SCO's war on Linux.
    http://slashdot.org/search.pl?tid=&q...t=1&op=stories

There was great community outrage when they sold out, although I doubt it affected their sales any.
    Figly Media
    Plesk 9.2.1 Shared Linux Hosting
    PHP 5.2.9, MySQL, PostgreSQL & more!
    http://www.figly.com

Originally posted by Divaqs
    A few years ago eNom was pretty much just starting up as a domain registrar. A lot of the registrars have some struggles when just starting up. A whole lot of things have changed at eNom in the last few years. Is there any hope of you giving them another chance?
    As a company, no way after what they did to me. I'll use their resellers but never them directly again. If namecheap becomes icann acredited then I will no longer have a use for enom.

Re: Re: Re: Registrars Review

Originally posted by The Spook
    EV1 helped fund SCO's war on Linux.
    http://slashdot.org/search.pl?tid=&q...t=1&op=stories

There was great community outrage when they sold out, although I doubt it affected their sales any.
    I can tell you it has lost them over $1000 so far I would have spent with them and I'm sure many others feel the same way.

How come godaddy allows you to drop domains but no other registrar does?