Livewirehost.com

Okay so I need to get a new reseller account, long story short my previous host was no good.

They have a deal on eBay for $25/month for unlimited space. I want to know if you think this is legit?

Thanks,
    Travis

Ebay, unlimited and bad host are words I read quite often.

IMO unlimited space and bandwidth are NOT to be used, especially when it comes to reseller hosting.

BTW, how much bandwidth does this host offer?

Originally posted by ldcdc
    Ebay, unlimited and bad host are words I read quite often.

IMO unlimited space and bandwidth are NOT to be used, especially when it comes to reseller hosting.

BTW, how much bandwidth does this host offer?
    I can't post a URL, but it said unmetered. I called them and the guy there said they have something like 48 reseller accounts without a hitch. There are several similar plans like the one I found on eBay, so I'm starting to doubt if it is a scam...

-Trav

Re: Livewirehost.com

Originally posted by Blazin Trav
    They have a deal on eBay for $25/month for unlimited space. I want to know if you think this is legit?
    In my opinion, "unlimited" space or "unlimited" bandwidth is never legit. Check with their TOS/policies for anything that imposes on the types of files you can host.
    IceStorm.com - Top Provider of Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, and Cloud VPS Plans.
    Why IceStorm? Two Words: Proven Reliability.

Re: Re: Livewirehost.com

Originally posted by icestorm
    In my opinion, "unlimited" space or "unlimited" bandwidth is never legit. Check with their TOS/policies for anything that imposes on the types of files you can host.
    I'm going to call them again, it seems legit to me.

So they're selling reseller hosting with unlimited space and unmetered bandwidth for $25/month?

If so, the whole web could fit into one of their reseller accounts, right?

Originally posted by ldcdc
    If so, the whole web could fit into one of their reseller accounts, right?

Dan, good one
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Could be marketnig plot....

Its a scam! Trust me. Don't go with them. Afterall you can't get the world for a dollar.
    Techy Bubble

A Truly Remarkable Web Hosting Is Coming Soon! We won't change the world or anything. We will just make it better....

I would never recommend a Unlimited Package to anyone. First, it can't happen...theres always a limit on a hard drive, bandwidth can be unmetered, but that in reality has to have limitations also.

Second, most hosts that have that type of packaging, oversell all that they have. Thus, resources (memory & cpu & hard drive) are always getting max'd out - hard drives running out of space, memory full from running lots of mysql databases, cpu's run high loads.

Third, most are resellers that do not have their own servers. They have to rely on someone else to manage the server when an issue arises.
    Michael Neubauer

AlteredSanity - Reliable Linux Hosting

I emailed the guy today and asked how many clients he has per box (which is dual xeon 2.8) and he responded with this

Hello,

We really don't limit the amount of accounts any one person has. We just make sure we balance the servers correctly with the average resource usage. Some servers could hold 500 websites, while some could only hold 250; it all depends on how resource intensive each website is.

i went for one from a person on ebay, and apparently if you upload too much they start going through your files and checking them out to see what it is you are uploading, (which in my case its was music videos) had close to 10GB filled on my "UNMETERED" account! After that he shut my account down?

Thats messed up, luckily they dont charge too much so you didnt lose too much cash

Originally posted by whittech.net
    i went for one from a person on ebay, and apparently if you upload too much they start going through your files and checking them out to see what it is you are uploading, (which in my case its was music videos) had close to 10GB filled on my "UNMETERED" account! After that he shut my account down?
    I'm suprised you lasted anywhere after 5 GB
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

I look around this company and I think is not a scam but also is not what almost everybody wants.

They give you unlimited space and traffic BUT with many limitation. You can't host warez, mp3, numered files, zip, rar, well is more easy to sy that they only allow images and webpages.

Besides they EXTREMLY PROHIBITED adults sites. So if you violate any of this rules, the shut you down withous any explination.

I think this host is good if you have a normal website and also your clients. But if you expect more than 1000 unique hots per day, maybe is not for you.

Originally posted by lostguy
    [B]I look around this company and I think is not a scam but also is not what almost everybody wants.
    I dont think its a scam, but just bad business to offer something that can't be provided.

They give you unlimited space and traffic BUT with many limitation. You can't host warez, mp3, numered files, zip, rar, well is more easy to sy that they only allow images and webpages.
    Tell me of someone that does allow warez, mp3's & I'll tell you they aren't a legit company.

Besides they EXTREMLY PROHIBITED adults sites. So if you violate any of this rules, the shut you down withous any explination.
    Lots of companies do not offer adults site, thats pretty normal. As far as rules, most web hosts if not all have Terms of Service (TOS) and Acceptable Use Policies (AUP) and any violation of them can cause you do be warned, suspended or deleted.

So hosting mp3's and warez would be a no no with alot of companies.
    Michael Neubauer

AlteredSanity - Reliable Linux Hosting

Yeas I know that much of the contect I said is banned in almost hosts, but, besides that if you upload images with names like pic001.jpg pic002.jpg pic003.jpd... pic0950.jpg and every image size 10MB they will shutdown you in act. At diference from many hosts this is "unlimited" and people tends to abuse and stack with lots of heavy files. In other words other hosts have limitation of transer and space this not, and people abuse. This kind of host are oriented to regional sites or websites that will not be a HUGE amount of hit's. But maybe you right and there is no good bussiness that way, because is hard to handle that situation and expect that "ideal" situation.

I'll sum it up for you in a heartbeat..

It's their way of capturing any uneducated (in the hosting world) person into thinking that unlimited is better than what other hosts offer.

WRONG!

The only thing signing up with those companies are gonna give you, is alot of heart ache, when they shut your account down and ignore all emails and tickets from you for a refund or re-instatement..

Or WORSE, you get a slow slow slow slow server, and they load them up enough to where they get about $2000, then just shut down all together.. No word, no contact, no refund..

And leave you wondering WTF?

Angry

Arh... I hate "unlimited". Can any law put a stop on this?

This business method is as bad as pricewar, isn't it?

I once asked another hosting company who also offers "unlimited bandwidth" and "Unlimited Space", so I asked them on their livechat, "Unlimited? What if my clients accounts exceeded your HD space?"

You know what? HEre's the answer : "We'll add in more HD for you. As long as you do not exceed the 20% capped on the CPU resources..." and so on...

ROFL! Have any of you seen what speed your server runs at when it's at 5% load?

CRAWL.. CRAWL.. Lo.. Almost, but not quite.. CRAWL.. CRAWL.. Lo.. Dang, got us again!! CRAWL.. Lo oooooooo ooooooaded!

Nah, I got this exact plan back in April and they've been great to me. They really have great 24/7 support and everything! Moving to another host with a better deal now, but they're worth going with

STAY FAR AWAY from LiveWireHost

I know the company (or I suspect I know) the company you are dealing with.

I urge you to stay FAR away from them. I can post details via PM (No need to talk bad in public)

I know the company (or I suspect I know) the company you are dealing with.
    Well now, do you, or do you not know them? And, I'm curious, wh exactly did you not like about them (uptime, support, attitude). We wouldn't want a negative review that isn't based on facts.

BTW, please give us a domain that you host with them. You can use http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=3605715 so only moderators will see it.

* eBay - no way

Quote Originally Posted by Blazin Trav
    Okay so I need to get a new reseller account, long story short my previous host was no good.

Thanks,
    Travis
    Turn and run as fast as you can!!