European dedicated company in trust?

Maybe the title of my topic is strange but.. to cut it short, I'm looking for a company in Europe who has the same expirence, support and reliabilty as US comapanies have.
    I have a good expierence in a company where my dedicated server is in the USA, my only problem is ping times and "slowly loading sites" all my clients are complaining about, and I think this is due to slow ping times.
    I would like you to ask about expirence about companies in EU - did anyone had the same experience as with US companies about the same factors? Is there anyone offering the same kind of support, reliability as US company do?
    I found some time ago EuroVPS whos offers are very good, response also excellent.. still lots of details missing. Please someone could suggest a decent company?

P.S. I would opt for unmanaged services, since I already have a good - in fact excellent - sever management company who will take care most of the things.

I'm considering EuroVPS as well... What do you mean with that lots of details still is missing?

The only company thats in the UK that I would trust with my business as you are saying is coreix (sp?). They do a fine job.
    Jay

I've been looking for VPS providers for one week now.... I agree one in Europe would be very nice because of the ping times (a.k.a. slowly loading sites). If I don't find anything better I will order a VPS at EuroVPS in one or two days.

I can't seem to find anything about their bandwidth or network though?!?... I just don't want to get stuck behind a 1.5Mbit hole (a few VPS providers only gives each VPS account that bandwidth)

Btw... take a look at this thread as well

I'm terribly happy with Rackcheck people. I have been a client for only one month, but they are the most responsiveness people I have seen till now, and they have a real good ping latency for all Europe.

Thank you for your replies! And wa7son, thank you for the thread you suggested, it's really useful.

With EuroVPS my problem is that I don't get any info about bandwith I will have with a dedi serverver, I don't see the licensce agreement for the same, and another interesting thing, that I don't see anything specific about company - exact company name, address or whatever. I don't even know where are they based - which also makes me a bit suspicious.

CTN1.net have great offers.

The problem is they are located in France. Even if I live for 120 years, I will never put any business in France.
    .:. Enterprise SAN Consultant .:.

Originally posted by edelweisshosting
    CTN1.net have great offers.

The problem is they are located in France. Even if I live for 120 years, I will never put any business in France.
    And as I see, you are from France? And have this opinion?

Yes, two years ago I was in France and I ran there an ecommerce website. The website performed well and used to generate an interessant income. However, one day, all the country went into long strike. During 2 long months, I got no post. All my incomming or out comming parcels and letters (with customers payments) were blocked.

Many small businesses had no choice than to loose their money and close. I closed my business too and lost 1 year more than full time work, money, customers... I went many times to the post during the strike to try to find any solution. I was insulted by the post officers. Today, they still have their jobs. The post belongs to the govenment, so the post clecks can't loose their job.

In France, strikes are considered as a basic humain right. You can't rely on a train, a bank, an issurance company, a bus... you are almost certain that every day, I least one important service is on strike.

So, I lost my business and created EdelweissHosting begining with a small account on a shared server. Today, I have more than 1000 customers, 12 servers and many VPS. But as long as I manage this company, nothing, even the least important stuff, will be tied to France. Edeweisshosting is Swiss based and all our servers are located in the US.

So, may be CTN1 is a great company, may they have the best prices ever, but it's not for me as long as they are located in Paris.

Well, sorry to hear your story... I believe you will make better business from Switzerland, using US servers.

Let me add here my example: I am from Hungary and the situation is somewhat similar to this you described. But here it's not a question about strikes, but about people's mentality and way of making business.
    Regardless of being now in EU and 16 years in capitalism, most of the companies and people still think about work and business as in communism - why should I try to be the best, provide more when I still get my income or salary.
    When I was looking for hosting here, I realized how horrible the situation is on domestic scene: enormus prices for zero support, at some of the largest ISPs they don't care about picking up a phone, helping properly. Sometimes a demand for changing nameservers for a domain lasts days. (A self-managed, web-based system? forget about it!)
    In the hosting and dedicated business, no one ever think about adding extras, like control panels, additional softwares etc.

Of course there are some good exceptions, but usually only smaller companies. That's why I also went with servers and support from USA.

The common attitude in France has the same origin. 20 years ago many company was on the State hands. People don't used to be productive, accurate or have any consideration for the customers.

Today, almost everything was sold to private companies. However, the attitudes as fairly the same as they was 20 years ago.

Switzerland, even if part of it speaks French, has a strong German culture. Everything goes at it should be.

I am sorry to hear this testimonial about Hungary. I had the chance to go to your county 3 or 4 times. You have the greatest wines ever.

As long are people like you exist, things can go better!

Originally posted by edelweisshosting
    I am sorry to hear this testimonial about Hungary. I had the chance to go to your county 3 or 4 times. You have the greatest wines ever.

As long are people like you exist, things can go better!
    Thank you for kind words I hope one day I can make a good service here.

I see the situation is then very alike in France and here.