sonataWeb Questions

I am in the process of switching reseller hosting from HostGator to Sonata. I've recently run into problems with HostGator and their customer service. Does SonataWeb support Mambo? Are there any SonataWeb users that have medium traffic Mambo sites?

Thanks

Re: sonataWeb Questions

Originally posted by Aestus
    I am in the process of switching reseller hosting from HostGator to Sonata. I've recently run into problems with HostGator and their customer service. Does SonataWeb support Mambo? Are there any SonataWeb users that have medium traffic Mambo sites?

Thanks
    Terry from Sonata actually replied to your post in the Web hosting forum so you may want to read that and then speak with him directly and ask this question.

People are telling you that you need a bigger solution because it is the truth, I am sure you can find many hosts here that will say yes to your requirements but you will either learn quickly they lied or the other thing that could happen is if you get a very empty server at a host if they do not correctly monitor server resources then you may get by for a while until they start adding other sites and realize something is just not right.

Hello Aestus,

We host many mambo sites, including our own - and I can categorically tell you that 200-500 simultaneous users on a DB application is too much for a shared environment.

I can however, strongly advise that you look for a company that specializes in application hosting - as 20 GB of bandwith on a static html site is significantly different then 20 GB bandwith with a dynamic DB site like mambo.

Mambo is an excellent solution, and is actually quite resource friendly when compared to other DB driven applications. However, you are actually dealing with apache/CPU/RAM issues here vs bandwith and disk space.

It is wonderful that your site is generating that much traffic, but, if you dont figure out a way to generate enough revenue from your site to pay for an adequate solution - you may run into trouble here - as Im certain most hosts will suspend your site on any shared hosting and most reseller accounts. Just out of curiosity - how much bandwith are you pushing?

Im assuming you are well under your limit with your current host and are thus thinking that you can find a different shared/reseller provider that can accomodate you. Again, please take note of my earlier comments - there is a dramatic difference between web hosting and application hosting...

Hope this helps...