Backup Backup Backup!!!

Having lost a ton of data and having invested money now to do a proper backup every day of my data, I can only tell everyone to

STOP!

What you are doing!

AND BACKUP YOUR DATA! Too many of us take it for granted (11 years I have!) and now my data is gone. Priceless data.. gone.

so just take the next 5 minutes to make copies of your data and store it away in a safe place!

Good Idea - Ive been horrified with that before. 3 years of things done, lasted backed to webserver 4 months ago, then had to format. I was a bit lucky though..

Yes sir!

Recieved many a blows from no-backups a year ago, and after that, was really diligent at backing up. Been slacking off recently, since the scare kind of faded, but hell, let's go do it now...
    New site: www.talkutas.com

Whenever I upgrade my hard drive now, I Ghost the old drive onto the new one, then store the old drive as a complete, bootable snapshot backup.

I can mount the old drive using a USB adaptor if I just need a few files, or if disaster strikes I can jam it back in the CPU and be right back where I was a few months ago.

I have never had much luck with backup software - it always seems to miss something or not be able to restore certain files. Putting the old drive on ice has saved my butt a few times.

I also copy the important stuff (documents, emails, accounting) to the fileserver in my basement approximately whenever I think of it.

I do backups of my work folder every day. I've met with numerous times where I accidentally lost a very important file, which I could then restore from backup. Saved me quite a few times.
    ии Repeat after me... ProSupport is the best... Prosupport is... ии
    ProSupport Host Support System - OUT NOW! Grab a copy yourself and see what the hype is about!
    VertiHost Inc. - We run a quality business. Do you?

The only other thing besides loosing my data, is having to wait for a new hard drive to arrive. Ugh.

/me goes and makes a backup

Thanks for reminding me Rob!
    Tyler Cole
    Eeek, a Blog