Thread: latest visitors

latest visitors

lately, I've switched hosts, from ripplehost to hostpc, and I've been pleased with the switch, except for one thing

My former host used Cpanel, while hostpc uses DirectAdmin.

One of my favorite features on Cpanel was called "latest visitors" which allowed for me to view info on the referrers of the last 300 people to my website, but the feature is not on direct admin

does anyone know of a suitable replacement or any other way to look at the latest visitor's referrers to my website?

thankyou for the help

-lukerpig

hostpc has extensive demo of directadmin - so before sign up may be you should have fully satisfied yourself or asked pre-sales... in any case you can ask them whether they can implement awstats or can they shift you to cpanel as they have started cpanel accounts also

There is actually an awstats plugin for Directadmin which works very well. They say it's in beta, but it's a pretty mature beta, I've yet to have any issues installing it, or configuring it. Easily downloadable and installed from the awstats plugin page.
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Re: latest visitors

Originally posted by lukerpig
    does anyone know of a suitable replacement or any other way to look at the latest visitor's referrers to my website?

You can get webalizer free from here:
    http://www.mrunix.net/webalizer/download.html

The awstats Directadmin plugin works well, there is directadmin hosts out there that provide such stats.

I know very little about hosting, so I'll ask,

can I as a user install this, or does my host's admin add it and then I can choose to use it.

also, will the installation of webalizer give me latest visitors?

All DA plugins must be installed as admin
    However, you CAN download awstats from awstats.sourceforge.net, try to configure it to work on your own domain, etc. Problem is that it can take a while to get it setup properly. Your best bet is to ask the admin to install the plugin, it's simple, easy and painless
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

well, I was looking through the site, and have reason to believe that Hostpc currently doesn't use AW due to security concerns...

It's a shame such a trivial thing gets to me, as long as I have a money back guarentee, I may find a cpanel host...

though the above is an extreme-case scenario

or esle you can just simply ask them to shift you to cpanel as they do have that as of now

unfortunatly, he balked out at the last minute, he's not going to provide Cpanel...

or else I'd switch in a heart-beat!