Thread: Advice Needed

Advice Needed

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=394746

My company and I have been subject to abuse from the thread starter since WHT has closed two threads that he has started regarding our company. He has created multiple billing tickets demanding refunds, created a PayPal dispute, created 5+ SNs and IMing me constantly, and has stated the following: "you do know that Me and My community will continue to persist until atleast Christmas or so. maybe longer". From what happened earlier, I would imagine he means mostly phone calls, and maybe even additional meaningless support tickets, IMs, or e-mails.

Now I have suggested for him to have his lawyer contact us and remain as professional as possible, but it's obvious this kid has lots of free time to attack us. Now I know I can't stop him from filing complaints to PayPal, but what about abuse like this?
      0 Not allowed!

Send him a nice, professional e-mail about how you feel and see if that resolves the issue. If that does not solve the issue, you should consider taking this matter to court if he persists in this abuse.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

Hmm, can you describe what has happened? From his point of view it appears he has experianced downtime from you and wants his money back. However, I don't understand what this whole debate is about. Do you care to enlighten us?
      0 Not allowed!

To be specific, his server started freezing up (according to him). First of all, we do not offer managed services so it's not up to us to troubleshoot the problem. We had our server admin look at the server and it was determined the problem was mostly coding problems (he was running a custom game server). The ex-client then claimed it was a hardware problem. When things got out of hand, we moved support responsibilities to Interserver. The CPU/RAM was replaced and yet he continued to complain that it was a hardware problem. Future problems were not reported to Interserver, so any problems could not be fixed.

ZeonFX, I've already told him to have his lawyer contact us, so I don't need to keep "debating" with him over e-mail, IM, etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Just ignore him. It took long enough for him to be banned from WHT.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh, ignoring has been the action so far, but if/when his community starts calling up Interserver, that gets VERY annoying.
      0 Not allowed!

ha have a laywer friend write a quick letter discussing the matter, and adress it to "the parents of (insert the persons name)". Tell him that if he persists in harrassing you legal action will be taken.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Marklittle
    ha have a laywer friend write a quick letter discussing the matter, and adress it to "the parents of (insert the persons name)". Tell him that if he persists in harrassing you legal action will be taken.
    I wouldn't address it to "the parents of" as the kid may throw the lette away before they see it.

I would, however, have it addressed to Mr. & Mrs. <lastname>. I'd put the return-to address as the lawyers address.
      0 Not allowed!

funny.........
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZeonFx.com
    Send him a nice, professional e-mail about how you feel and see if that resolves the issue. If that does not solve the issue, you should consider taking this matter to court if he persists in this abuse.

Cheers
    Actually I hope PayPal will solve it for the both of us I dont feel like going to court but Id go if I have to.

Originally posted by ZFX-David
    Hmm, can you describe what has happened? From his point of view it appears he has experianced downtime from you and wants his money back. However, I don't understand what this whole debate is about. Do you care to enlighten us?
    I made a thread with more of a descript case against hostcreations since with no substance just complaining just caused a big ruccus in the thread
      0 Not allowed!

Personally, I would like hire a full concise story about what happened from both sides. That appears to not be available at the moment.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business
      0 Not allowed!

His story is all in that thread I linked to at the beginning, and I have offered my own. I don't see what kind of confusion there is. The PayPal dispute will be resolved, but I hope that will be the extent of it.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by ZeonFx.com
    Personally, I would like hire a full concise story about what happened from both sides. That appears to not be available at the moment.

Cheers
    My thread I originally started, plus another plus this one: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=399099

pretty much says it all from what Ive experienced and my 12,000 registered users have as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Just got this e-mail:
    ===========================
    I am one of the players that uses the server of redundanthost and you
    have provided us with a crap connection now refund him with the 600
    bucks because if you steal him you steal 2200+ people that play on the
    server. And we are all going to complain.

Looks like I was right.

Edit: Two more e-mails from the same guy, and something tells me that it's not one of the gamers...
    Last edited by Ran; 04-26-2005 at 09:28 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Having been a host myself, and having delt with my share of upset customers, you have to realize that just because you are right, doesn't mean you should be right.

If these people are going to continue to be a bothersome to you and can harm your business in the long run, just refund their money and let it go. Sometimes, it just isn't worth your time and the drama.
      0 Not allowed!

I find wisdom in your words, but I'm not gonna take the advice, at least not this time. We will hold our position on this issue as I believe it does our image harm to give up a refund because we're basically saying, "Sorry, we were wrong."
      0 Not allowed!

Flame thread.

0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by HstCreations
    Just got this e-mail:
    I am one of the players that uses the server of redundanthost and you
    have provided us with a crap connection now refund him with the 600
    bucks because if you steal him you steal 2200+ people that play on the
    server. And we are all going to complain.

Looks like I was right.

Edit: Two more e-mails from the same guy, and something tells me that it's not one of the gamers...
    I put a post in our private forums for people to contact you guys. Id send an emailt to the entire database but that would probably just kill you guys, 12,143 people sending you emails or calling you on the phone wouldnt be pleasant.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Rob83
    Having been a host myself, and having delt with my share of upset customers, you have to realize that just because you are right, doesn't mean you should be right.

If these people are going to continue to be a bothersome to you and can harm your business in the long run, just refund their money and let it go. Sometimes, it just isn't worth your time and the drama.
    Most new companies dont understand that though. Youll know from the long term providers theyd refund the money to a 12k person community rather than have the issue in the air for a lifetime.
      0 Not allowed!

I find wisdom in your words, but I'm not gonna take the advice, at least not this time. We will hold our position on this issue as I believe it does our image harm to give up a refund because we're basically saying, "Sorry, we were wrong."
    Ah well thats all I needed to hear

Emailing registered users
    Showing Users 1 to 500 of 12,365

Press Submit to initiate mailing campaign

the wonderful world of gaming communities. Should I press the button?
      0 Not allowed!

Rob I think you kinda screwed me there by giving him an incentive. I'll fight through it though.
      0 Not allowed!

Rob I think you kinda screwed me there by giving him an incentive. I'll fight through it though.
    Tell me when you want to press the submit email to all registered users button.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by redundanthost
    Tell me when you want to press the submit email to all registered users button.
    You have to be one of the most unprofessional and immature users that I've ever seen on WHT. You obviously don't have access to a lawyer, so you decide to handle things by having your membership spam/complain to/harass Host Creations? If a court case ever does get brought up, your actions will surely sway a judgement in favor of the other party... The ball's in your court now .
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Joshua
    You have to be one of the most unprofessional and immature users that I've ever seen on WHT. You obviously don't have access to a lawyer, so you decide to handle things by having your membership spam/complain to/harass Host Creations? If a court case ever does get brought up, your actions will surely sway a judgement in favor of the other party... The ball's in your court now .
    I could care less. He already said he wont refund. He already stated publically its annoying when my users contact them. Since the last time I asked them to contact hostcreations and interserver, my community has doubled
      0 Not allowed!