Google Maps Extends Its Range

Hi,

For those of you who remember the launch of one of their fairly new product ranges, Google Maps, with satellite imagery provided by Keyhole, one of the companies that they took over.

Originally it was only available for the USA, but now it appears they have extended their network, and now provide to the UK as well.

If you do not live in the UK, then go to: http://maps.google.com and zoom right out, you can scroll across easily and find the UK.

If you're in the UK, then OUR map is the first one loaded.

Don't forget about the satellite link in the top right corner!

Where do you think Google's next target is?

Joe.

I don't see the satellite link

maps.google.co.uk doesn't have the link, maps.google.com does however no satellite images as of yet (well not for where I live).
    Last edited by Umbongo; 04-26-2005 at 05:47 PM.

The satellite images on google are a bit poor (more or less non existant) for the UK. Multimap has some excellent arial shots. However I'm sure google will catch up soon!
    Steve

Seeing as google owns one of the leading satellite imagery companies, I'd expect they'll have some shots of the major cities soon, they're probably still testing to see if the whole of the UK is working.

What is funny is that NSA is up googl's **s. All images of slightly important places are blocked!

I love the drag feature... This is like a beefed up Mapquest with Imagery... thanks for the link
    Brandon L
    *DedicatedSpace.com - JaguarPC.com
    * Quality web hosting since '98
    Call 800-558-5869 or Email [email protected]

For maps - www.terraserver-usa.com is brilliant.

And actually you can see the white house clearly, as well as several air force bases, in one you can actually see several F15 / F16s, and some RC-class aircraft. Pretty incredible, I'm sure they'll get around to blocking it eventually.

My favourite is this one:

http://www.terraserver-usa.com/image...Z=12&W=2&ref=F|B-52+Aircraft%2c+Davis-Monthan+AFB%2c+Tucson%2c+Arizona

He he, nice find there KI

sheesh talk about overkill.
    enough planes there for everyone to have there own :p
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

KI's link
    hxxp://www.terraserver-usa.com/image.aspx?T=1&S=10&X=2581&Y=17786&Z=12&W=2&ref=F|B-52+Aircraft%2c+Davis-Monthan+AFB%2c+Tucson%2c+Arizona

vB cut it off weirdly.. just change the xx

Are those real planes?
    --

I love how you can "drag around the world" in google's map, keep dragging one way and you'll end up back where you started =p
    www.Yekaroo.com - Your Chinese Radio Online!