My database "has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections". Help!

Hello,

I am frequently getting the error -

Warning: mysql_pconnect(): User tagboard_dbuser has already more than 'max_user_connections' active connections in /home/tagboard/public_html/common/database.class.php on line 25

Warning: mysql_selectdb(): Access denied for user: [email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/tagboard/public_html/common/database.class.php on line 26

Warning: mysql_selectdb(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/tagboard/public_html/common/database.class.php on line 26

Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user: [email protected]' (Using password: NO) in /home/tagboard/public_html/common/database.class.php on line 36

Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in /home/tagboard/public_html/common/database.class.php on line 36

select * from member_session where hash='ccd1c6c88246c082dc66f613d5ce1d7f' 1045 Access denied for user: [email protected]' (Using password: NO)

- can anything be done about this?

THANKS!!

Hosts sometime limit the amount of mysql connections thinking you are not going to use it..

When you go over, and tell them they then will raise it higher and so..

Speak to your host to raise the limit..

Peace,
    Testing 1.. Testing 1..2.. Testing 1..2..3...

It looks like it's using persistant connections.. I don't know too much about them, but I believe that they don't terminate as quickly as normal sessions, boosting the amount of connections.

I would consider a different script--this one will be murder with enough users.

It seems to a combination of issues both from SQL connection limit and database username/password mismatch.