keyboard not recognized, system won't restart

Hello, I'm running Fedora Core 3 on an Intel Pentium 4 processor and have a weird problem. If I leave everything plugged in, it is fine. The problem is, if I start the server without a keyboard plugged in, then I want to plug it in later, it will not recognize it. Finally, when it is not recognizing the keyboard like that, it will not completely reboot. The computer will shut down all active services like normal, all the way down to the point where it says "System reboot" (or something like that), and then it hangs right there. I have to manually press reboot.

Any ideas? The strangest thing is that I did the exact same setup with the exact same CDs on two AMD servers, and had no problem. I have already run all the updates and everything...the problem is still there.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Be a bit more specific here. WHAT isn't booting? Linux? Bios?
    If you get to a point where you see loading "linux", then linux isn't booting.

If, however, you can't get past the initial bootup sequence (bios), then you've got to modify your BIOS to boot without a keyboard (usually there's a Halt on section, and you can change that to no errors).
    Tom Whiting, WHMCS Guru extraordinaire
    Linux problems? WHMCS Problems? Give me a shout
    Check out my WHMCS Addons

Try the "ANY" key

Sorry.

The system boots just fine either way. It's when it tries to turn OFF is the problem. When I tell it to reboot when no keyboard is plugged in (remotely obviously), it will do as I said above (do everything correctly except for the very last step of actually rebooting the computer).

When the keyboard is plugged in, everything is fine, whether I reboot it remotely or not.

I can even turn it halt the system whether the keyboard is in or not - I just can't restart the darn thing!

That a little more clear? Thanks again.