* 2 -=PHP=- bots needed (yahoo/msn)

Hi, guys

I'm looking for 2 simple bots written in php, one MSN , one Yahoo.
    These must be SIMPLE bots, not something that takes any length of timie to reconfigure.

The bots need to include, very simple functions for
    -- message handling (parsing)
    -- message sending
    -- retaining login status
    -- logging in and REMAINING logged in
    -- logging conversations (in/out)

The bots need to be started through the shell, NOT a web browser (ie: php -q aim.php).

I'm offering either hosting, or $$ for this one, you take your choice.
    Hosting:
    If BOTH are developed, I'll throw out a 50g b/w 20g (space) reseller account. If only ONE is developed, I'll cut that in half (25/10)
    $$
    If BOTH are developed, I'll toss $50 your way (through paypal, today). If just ONE is developed, I'll toss $25 your way (through paypal, today).

Please do NOT IM me regarding this. The details in this should be self explanatory. If you've got one (or both) developed, feel free to IM me, but ONLY when you've got them done/developed. Questions, feel free to reply to this thread.

NO publicly released bots (ie: blobsy, etc) will be accepted.
    Payment will be sent after verification that the code is done as necessary to work with my existing bots, so make sure you've done it right before requesting payment. All you need to do it "right" is to follow the instructions provided. Simple, really. I've got functions written for the AIM/ICQ bots already which have been standardized so they should fit most any bot using simple bot->msg protocol.

This has potential for recurring income as MSN changes their protocols at least once a year, so keep that in mind as well
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details
      0 Not allowed!

No offense but PHP is not the language to use, C++ is.

Next,
    No one will work for that cheap from scratch, nor will the ysend u the code before payment.

If they do then they are waiting to be burned.
      0 Not allowed!

I would suggest you look at perl as it has cpan modules to do both of these.

I will be willing to do this for you but I would require at least a verbal contract before work begins and would not allow you to view the code before payment, although you would of course be able to see the output before payment.

Jona
      0 Not allowed!

And telling me what's best to run MY application in isn't a valid response in this forum. You would do well to read the specific rules for this forum:
    The Advertising Forums are not a place for you to critique one's ad.
    I have my reasons for wanting it done via PHP, and I have my reasons for paying AFTER the product is delivered. If you don't like that, then fine, but you don't have the right to complain, or critique those. In fact, doing so goes against forum rules.

As far as people getting "burned".
    If I was out for burning people, I wouldn't have managed to make it 3 years and 2500 posts (or close to both). The mods would have found and wiped my account (or at least disabled it) by now.
    When you purchase software, you purchase a FINISHED product. You don't contract Windows to sell their OS before it's released, you buy the product AFTER it's released. You don't buy Office 2kwhatever before it's released, you purchase it AFTER it's released, and AFTER you're sure it's what you want, again, not before.

The same applies here. I'm not going to pay some fraud designer $50 to not do a thing. Once the script is done, I'll happily pay out. Unlike some here, I don't run a shifty organization, I'm good to my word. If I say I'm going to do something, I'll do it. Some (some) of us actually remember what that means. I've got $50 in paypal, the login and script should only take a couple hours to do. I don't CARE if you rip it out of blobsy, or whateve, I only care that it's NOT released up until this point and it works. Hell, you can release it, or sell it again for all I care, as long as I get a working copy, and that copy does what I need it to do, I'm good.
      0 Not allowed!

i hate to admit it but linux-tech has a point there. GO U!
      0 Not allowed!

Jonay
    If you can do it in php, great, go for it.
    I'll modify the payment terms a bit here which should be easier to work with.
    Once I see a working demonstration of whatever bot you're sending out, I will send 1/2 the payment to your paypal address, and expect the source to be sent to mine. Once I've confirmed that the bot is compatable with what I need (99% of the time, it will be), dn has examples of messaging, then I'll send the rest
      0 Not allowed!

I think your find I was actually making a suggestion, as I just know there are modules around for this in perl and you seem like you might need this done in a hurry, if you need it done in php then of course get it done in php.

I also wasn't complaining I was stating the conditions I would be willing to work on this under, which if you don't like is fine, don't hire me! Aplogies if it came across as rude but as I'm sure you know there are some very shady characters on WHT who wouldn't think twice of taking the code and running.

Cheers
    Jona
      0 Not allowed!

Jona
    My comment wasn't directed at you, you just happened to post before I was done with mine . I understand, and appreciate the suggestion to look into perl, but I've found that php handles things a lot better than perl, and I've already got a php include() for the expansion of the bots, which is why I wanted it done in php. Why reinvent the wheel, right?

I'm not in a hurry, I just want it done. I've been working on it a couple of weeks, and haven't been able to come up with working protocol for either yet (sans blobsy which, to me is just too bloated and poorly written).
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

...I don't run a shifty organization, I'm good to my word...
    okay !

...I don't CARE if you rip it out of blobsy...
    huh..

You should decide if you are a shifty org or not

TR
      0 Not allowed!

TResource:

Just because I don't care if someone makes a connection using publicly available code doesn't make me "shifty". It's done all of the time, it's part of the beauty of open sourced code actually.

An example of this would be anything in the *nuke family, or anything using code today. Eventually, they all started somewhere, and they're all using at least bare ideas in common.

Ripping the connection and keepalive stuff out of blobsy is not "shifty" by any means. It's quite acceptable to do something like this and turn it into what you need.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by linux-tech
    When you purchase software, you purchase a FINISHED product. You don't contract Windows to sell their OS before it's released, you buy the product AFTER it's released. You don't buy Office 2kwhatever before it's released, you purchase it AFTER it's released, and AFTER you're sure it's what you want, again, not before.
    You pay for the software before you buy it, not the other way around.

The people posting here are saying they'll show you the completed work hosted on their own servers so show it is done, rather than give it to you and hope you pay. I personally -- and I'm sure many other people here -- have done work the way you are suggesting, only to have the person run off without paying.

Just trying to clear things up, please don't interpret this as a critique.
      0 Not allowed!

You pay for the software before you buy it, not the other way around.
    In most cases, from trusted software designers, yes, you do. However, even those offer "trial periods" of 7-30 days, ensuring their product works as you want it to.

Regardless, since everyone seems to want to do things their own way (instead of how I, the employer in this case) want it done, I'll take it back to the drawing board and do it myself. If you have a serious offer to do this job, as I want it done (in php, not perl, not c++, not html), then feel free to pm me and I'll consider it.
      0 Not allowed!

Closed as requested
    Like us on Facebook to qualify for discounts!
    http://www.sprintserve.net
    Offering: | Internap FCP Bandwidth! | Rebootless Kernel Updates! | Magento Optimized Hosting | Wordpress Hosting |
    Services: | Managed Multiple Cores 64bit Servers | Server Management |
      0 Not allowed!