Did you mean to say something?
    Domain Maven

I rushed that post. I just wanted to ask if the icann fee is charged once per transaction?

I renewed one .info domain and they charged me 2 x $.25 or $.50 this is in error right?

Just wondering.
    fewcoin

It should be once per domain name. Icann applies the fee based on domains
    Domain Maven

Thanks dmaven, I thought so. I'm having a terrible time trying to explain to Godaddy support. It seems they only read the first line of the email and miss the rest.

I'm getting charged $.50 per transaction instead of $.25

It's only $.25 but I like for them to get their cart fixed.

fewcoin

There seems to be something quirky going on with the posts. My original post was there couple hours earlier but, it seems to be missing now.

fewcoin

lol that is werid, I see you post second but dmaven asks you the question... Call them up and explain it to them, but be ready to be put on hold for a little bit

Yep, it's kind of weird. I posted just before WHT went off the air. The post was there but I guess it got lost somewhere.

It's one of those support things where you ask why I got charged twice and they write back, "yes it's the ICANN fee". The answer just doesn't make sense. I guess I should be glad it's only $.25

fewcoin

The fee is 25 cents per domain per year.

Here's the specific wording for GoDaddy's site that you get that you get from * Plus ICANN fee of 25 cents per domain name year.

Fee charged by ICANN

This mandatory fee is charged by ICANN (Internet Corporation For Assigned Names and Numbers: www.icann.org). and becomes effective on November 1, 2004. It is 25 cents per domain name registration year. Thus, the fee on a one year .com registration would be 25 cents. The fee would be 50 cents for a two year registration (i.e. 25 cents times 2). Additional years would be at 25 cents per year.

ICANN fees apply to .com, .net, .org, .biz, .info, and .name.