Designing my site...what to include..

I'm redesigning my official website for Enterprise Servers and I have a Very Early Beta Site up. http://www.entservers.com/1/test.htm

Can anyone give some constructive opinions on what they think of the new look and what they think I should add? So far, only two of the four links on the main page actually go somewhere. I Havn't gotten around to designing the others yet.

Also need to find some site on how to create a good sign up form..

Thanks
    Neil

Your site colours look a bit 'sickly'. Try some nice new corpoate colours - also your graphics look a little 'shabby'

Getting there though.

I changed the color on the logo. It looks a bit blurry, but does the color choice look better?

Hi,

Personally, I would recommend you to go for a professional designer if you want to offer "Enterprise" servers
    PHP Code:
     <? \$pollid="1"; include("simplepoll.php"); ?>
    The above code will only work if your page has a .php extension.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Your compression doesn't look to good. That will be the problem with the images.

Looks very unprofessional invest in even a template monster template if you intend to sell anything through that site.

I don't think it looks too bad. you do need to raise the quality settings for your graphics though.

You may also want to reword quite a bit of what's on your front page. It's structure is off, and I think you could use a lot more inviting terms and statements.

but that's personal opinion. You could go to template monster and have a nice looking template for cheap, but some people don't like the template look (other web guys, haven't found a customer yet that cared). www.templatemonster.com

take your time and you'll do fine. just take some tutorials on HTML and graphic design. It's all out there.

I have a customer who does some photoshop tutorials that could help.

http://www.myjanee.com/tuts/tutlist.htm

Hi,

I agree with e-places.

Actually I like simple design. I only use a few colors and very few images on the webpages.

maybe the images just need upgrading!

If you can afford it have someone here do it for you. People are offering their services each day for really cheap. Spend your time developing your business and leave the design to someone else.

I personally don't like sites with black background and dark colors so I would change that.

Good luck.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

To put it as nicely as possible, this site looks extremely 2D and lacks any sort of a "pro" look. Sorry if this comes off as offensive, but the site doesn't even have any basic photoshop effects (dropshadows, bevel), and looks as if it was made in MS Paint/Notepad. I would suggest going with a template monster template, or if you have the money, invest in a custom design.
    Last edited by ANRHost; 04-26-2005 at 12:23 PM.
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

The current site looks a lot better then the one you are re doing. Like mentioned above I would let someone else code it and design it for you.

Your main site looks fine, why not use the design of this as a template?

I agree, the main site looks excellent
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

I'm taking a college course in web design online, and this was to be one of my final projects . I figure if I go through all the trouble of designing it, I might as well use it .

After the reviews, I found a template that I used to base
    http://www.entservers.com/2/new1.htm on.

Although I have a feeling this one will not meet with approval either .

Neil, keep working at it and you will get better

Anyway, this new design does look much better. However, I would improve the buttons on the header and make sure they come out less blurry and lined up properly. I also think that there are too many colors.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business