Question Raq2 Default Directory

Hi All,

I am running a test webserver in my office and its a antiquited Raq 2,

I dont need anything more at the moment, i am sucessfully running PHP / MySQL which is our development language of choice.

The problem is the following....

I use IE for ftp ftp://username:[email protected]

for transfering files, but all the files go into the following directory..

is there anyway to change it so that the default directory is just

i dont want to use a ftp program and when i set up new user account i want to have the same directories, i will just set up ip's and want the ftp accounts to default to the ip address etc

Please i have been looking for ages and cant find the answer

Try this

Because its 2 levels under you got to tell it to go 2 levels down
    Works for my RaQ4s so why not give it a try
    Hope this helps
    -=- GQ Hong -=-
    GalacNet WebMaster

By default, users connect to their own home directory in FTP.

You should be able to append a "../../web" to the path and get to the right place. Or else use a real FTP client.

Actually you should install/update SSH on your RaQ (see or for free PKG files) and use an SCP tool like WinSCP for your file transfers. FTP is a clear-text protocol, meaning your username, password and all data are transferred without encryption.

If you ever FTP as admin, you've just exposed your root password to anyone that can sniff the wire between your PC and your RaQ. If you ever FTP as a regular user, someone can get access as that user, and local->root exploits are a lot more common than remote exploits to get root directly. - LAMP and LAMP+SSL HowTo - Cobalt FAQs and HowTos