* Hosting solution for me?

Hey there.

I'm currently in the market for a good, reliable hosting company, and was wanting some opinions and good reviews from some people on what would be a good solution for me.

Currently, I have a website with Midphase, but it's not paid for by me and I want a secondary website for poetry and graphics. From what I've been told, Midphase haven't been the best for the person who is paying for it, however that could just be one bad pile of luck, so don't quote me on that.

Here's what I'm looking for:

Reasonable amount of space [800mb]
    Reasonable amount of bandwidth [around 1000mb/monthly]
    PHP Support and all those other things, heh
    Mysql databases [would prefer 2+]
    Decent price. Around $10/monthly would be good for me, as I'm in New Zealand and exhange rates usually factor in there too. Though, for a decent host, I would be willing to go over that budget.

This will be used solely for a personal website, mainly with poetry uploaded and images. I'll also have a personal blog there with information about me, tutorials, etc. Just somewhere for friends to go to and things. Heh.

So anwyays, hopefully I provided a good amount of information for you all, Thanks for any help you may be able to offer xD

Take a look in the shared forum, theres tons of hosts that can offer what your looking for.
    Rob G.
    ShopManager - Sales & Repair Business Management Software

Hi! aceynessy,

Welcome to WHT

Hey thts gr8, you know your requirements quiet well and your budget is very reasonable.

There are several hosts that would fit into your requirements/budget basket. I would suggest, you search forums/google and other places and make a list of all the hosts that suit you in terms of offer and price. Then do a search at forums for reviews on them..

I am sure, you would be able to find a good host... Best of Luck!
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Re: Hosting solution for me?

Originally posted by aceynessy
    This will be used solely for a personal website, mainly with poetry uploaded and images. I'll also have a personal blog there with information about me, tutorials, etc. Just somewhere for friends to go to and things. Heh.
    Any host that has been in the business for at least a year will be fine in your books. Just pick one that has a money back guarantee and positive feedback and you shouldn't have any issues.

There are A LOT of hosts out there, and A LOT of them are good at what they do. It's best to just use google or a host directory to skim out a few you are interested in and decide from there.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I can only say that you will be able to find a hosting plan that covers your requirements for less than $10 USD. As the previous mmbers said you do not require something specific so my advice is to sign up with host that provides good customer care even if it is a dollar or two more expensive per month.

Best Regards
    Dimitar
    DawHB.com - Web Hosting Blog | VPSHostDir.com - VPS Hosting Media

Hi,

I am happy to see that your requirments and budget is a very reasonable combination. A lot of hosts can offer you the plan that you need. Take a look at some web hosts that are around here at WHT and research them back into the forum and you should be able to find a ton of reviews about them.

Cheers
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Reasonable amount of space [800mb]
    Reasonable amount of bandwidth [around 1000mb/monthly]
    That strikes me as a very stange bandwidth/space ratio. Are you sure you meant to type 1000mb of bandwidth or was that more like 10000mb?

Originally posted by ldcdc
    That strikes me as a very stange bandwidth/space ratio. Are you sure you meant to type 1000mb of bandwidth or was that more like 10000mb?

I think that may be a typo too Dan
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

1000mb bandwidth or 10000mb it should be inside aceynessy budget of $10, take a look in the offer section in this forum.
    Good luck!
    Last edited by lasse; 04-26-2005 at 12:47 PM.

hello aceynessy,
    Your requirements are easy to find. Many quality hosts offer far more than what you are asking for that amount.

Best of luck in your search!
    Imeanwebhosting.com - Shared cpanel hosting, 99.9% uptime.
    10 min average ticket responses, softaculous, rvsitebuilder, and more!
    Reliable, affordable shared hosting. I Mean Web Hosting!

Just remember not to pick the cheapest plan right off the bat, search around and find one that you will feel safe with. I know a lot of people would rather pay a few extra dollars so they can sleep good at night knowing their site will be up.
    Eleven2 Web Hosting - World-Wide Hosting, Done Right!

That seems to be very good that you are aware of your needs and the price with which you are looking to get this. You can find some suitable deals in the advertisement forums under the shared hosting section. You can also quote a request at the following link:-

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/request.php

You will get replies to your quotes by various hosts.