Question Canadian VPS providers?

Anyone know of any VPS providers with servers located in Canada?

I dont have any experiences with them, but check out http://www.monsterhosting.ca and http://www.hostingplex.com they were the first that came to mind.

hth
    Last edited by isalex; 04-26-2005 at 01:58 AM.

rackforce.com
    Three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population

canadawebhosting.com
    canadianwebhosting.com
    Gary Jones

BlueFur.com - Canada Web Hosting

In their being myservernow iweb.ca used to offer VPS. But I don't see now any VPS offering in the new design.

demonmoo,

There are very few Canadian VPS providers - a few that come to mind:

canaca.ca

Note: Scratch that - I can only think of one.

Did they (canaca) start offering VPS?

Oh, I see - they have united VPS and dedicated servers on one page calling it "dedicated VPS". :-)

http://www.canaca.ca/dedicated.htm

Imago,

They've offered it for quite some time now - I've never personally used it so I can't recommend it.

one more: www.tera-byte.com
    "Obsolesence is just a lack of imagination."

I used Rackforce for about a year and had a decent experience. For several months, I was getting 100mbit unmetered from the box (and for $25/mo), which was well worth it.

At some point they changed from "unmetered" to "unmetered T1 speed" and capped upstream to 180KB/sec (w/ uncapped downstream). No idea what they advertise or provide these days.

Routing was good to the US, and speeds were decent. While it was uncapped, I could push around 2400KB/sec outgoing sustained, and could pull maybe 4-8MB/sec incoming from somewhere like ev1 or theplanet if I used multiple connections.

reptile,

I think everyone seen that move coming from a mile away.
    They could only offer unmetered 100Mbit for so long before capping their network out and having insane amounts of latency.

Of course -- I was surprised they kept it up for as long as they did

Maybe they did that to promote better peering with their upstreams. ie. force a bunch of sustained bandwidth to/from their ASNs so that ISPs might notice the traffic and negotiate some peering with telus/shawcable. Or something

I liked hostingplex plans.
    But I have found something strange in their AUP

Bandwidth Usage
    Inverdigm offers a generous amount of data transfer per month. Bandwidth is calculated on a recurring 30 days. There is a daily 500MB transfer cap or total bandwidth divided by the number of days in the current month, whichever is higher. If you exceed your bandwidth limit for any given month, your account will be suspended until after the next month, warning e-mail's are sent out before your account reaches the maximum to give you advance notice of bandwidth consumption.
    http://www.hostingplex.com/company/aup_tos.html

Anyone tried this company ?? please let us know your opinion and experience with them, specially their customer support, and how fast they do respond. (My other provider is having major problems now with the support)

Also, what is their network speed ?? And sites hosted with them ???
    Afandina Hosting&Design Services
    www.afandina.com

Im with hosting plex at the moment, heres a small overview...

Support: Best ever!
    VPS Reliability: 100%

Basicly everything is great...if you have sites that fit go for it!

afandina.com,

Technically that means if you have a 200GB VPS - it needs to be divided evenly across the 30 days i.e. 200/30 = 6 gigs per day.

Just a note however that the TOS has not been updated to reflect our current VPS TOS - and no accounts have been suspended for breaking this limit, and will not be anytime soon (at least not while I'm at Hostingplex!).

We understand that client's need to be able to use their bandwidth and with the limited number of client's on each VPS server there should be no problem/issues with the "shared" bandwidth limit that was originally setup for our complete package.

David, Do you plan to leave hostingplex anytime soon ??
    :-)

Well, back to other questions (May be I should ask in the support section of your site, but it seems here is faster)
    You don't specify the allowed memory to each VDS plan, and the share of the processing power.
    Can you shed some light ?? here or by email to info at afandina.com
    www.afandina.com

Afandina,

I certainly do not plan on leaving HP anytime soon.
    Our CPU is fairshare - if we notice anyone using more than their "fair share" for a prolonged period we'll go ahead and notify them and work with them to fix the issue.

Concerning memory - we basically have the same guidelines in place. Fairshare to some degree and we monitor the entire Virtuozzo server proactively and again notify any users whom are bursting for long periods of time (beyond a few GB) and work with them to ensure that they do not use too many resources.

We do not have hard limits at this time.

www.afandina.com

afandina,

Do you have any questions concerning those two links?
    Just a note that Kaumil no longer works for Hostingplex.

David, until now, I feel like I will be a customer of hostingplex soon.

What do you mean by fairshare ??

Also, I wish to get a reply to some questions in the ticket system soon

Regards
    www.afandina.com

Afandina,

Fairshare means that all of the users are 'sharing' the CPU and ram - they are each given a percentage that they should stay below based on the number of accounts per server.

The number of accounts per server is based on their usage, rather than saying "we'll put 15 accounts on this server" we proactively distribute them amongst our VPS servers.

What ticket ID do you currently have open?

No need
    I have got the replies there already

Mohamed Eldesoky
    www.afandina.com