How fast is Verizon DSL?

anyone know how fast Verizon DSL is for home?
    I cant seem to find it on the site.

thanks,
    d00t

3.0/256 i believe. I know it's 3.0 down

It may depend on your local area - Your best bet is to give Verizon a call.

It depends on the area, some areas are unable to get higher than 768k.

Originally posted by Rob83
    3.0/256 i believe. I know it's 3.0 down
    You're right I got through to tech support.
    3.0mb !WOW!

lol man i got two 7mbit/1mbit connection here in mtl....and i still want faster...id die if i had 3mbit connect

New York City - download speed usually is around 150 kb/s. Peak 220.
    >> Stefan Milanov, TeraNome.com
    >> First Class Hosting Services

Mine just got upgraded to 3.0/384 - you have to be within 10k ft from the CO to get it.

You have request the 3/384 upgrade (default you would get 1.5/384 most likely.

I've been getting 2.8/643 with it - not sure why 643 though. I'm within a mile from the CO though.

If you get it with their "Freedom" local/long distance package (unlimited local/long distance), you get it for $30/month ($32 with fees).

Without the freedom package you have to pay $37 for it.

I've had Verizon DSL since 9/01, and I haven't had any problems with it. The only "downtime" I've had was when my IP changed on me in mis session - but it was only down for 15 minutes or so.

Originally posted by doot
    You're right I got through to tech support.
    3.0mb !WOW!

Dont let them fool you! Verizon Online support sucks. They are script monkies (I dont say that about everyone - I am mostly understanding with support people... but verizon... another story) and if anything goes wrong, it is always your computers fault. You may get thru, whether it be billing or support, and they will tell you what you want to hear, and then you get screwed. Verizon works for some, but you will find that there are many unhappy campers with them. You would ask why they are with them then? Because its all we can get.

The fastest I can get is 768/128. Most of the time, I have high ping times.

Your best bet would be to check out www.dslreports.com and moreso, their forums for verizon dsl.

Best of luck to you[...]
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

I tried Verizon in NYC, I had sporadic disconnects and slower speeds during peak time. Optimum Online is much better, I can pul 10mbits/1mbit so easily now.
    MediaLayer, LLC - www.medialayer.com Learn how we can make your website load faster, translating to better conversion rates for your business!
    The pioneers of optimized web hosting, featuring LiteSpeed Web Server & SSD Storage - Celebrating 10 Years in Business

Originally posted by Blitz Inc
    lol man i got two 7mbit/1mbit connection here in mtl....and i still want faster...id die if i had 3mbit connect
    I have 160Kb right now, So 3.0 Mb to me will be nice.
    I dont need anything faster.

Off of my DSL modem

DSL Connect Rate (Down/Up) 3360 KBits/Sec by 864 KBits/Sec
    Since April 2001 Atlantis Services - Proudly servicing everyone's web hosting needs!
    Quote: There is no such thing as "The Best" web hosting provider, but rather only what is best for YOU

Verizon had been doing great for the past few weeks, but I've been noticing WAY too many DNS issues since the beginning of April.

EDIT: I can't go much longer than 10 minutes at a time without seeing this in Firefox.
    Last edited by Blankwire; 04-25-2005 at 11:07 PM.
    - Matt

I've gotten those errors in FireFox as well... but everything will work find and dandy in IE... its weird.