WooHoo - Tornando Season Again!

Touchdown in Tarrant County Texas. Gotta love the tornando season. Hope my dog is inside!

Glad I live in Michigan, no ternadors

Hah, no tornados here in california...

Uh oh....earthquake season is on the way....
    SkyLineHost.com
    ▓ ▓ Shared hosting that soars above the competition
    ▓ ▓ ▓ Based in Los Angeles. sales@skylinehost.com

Originally posted by InfexionKen
    Hah, no tornados here in california...

Uh oh....earthquake season is on the way....
    How long has it been since you guys had a "good" one? '95, when I was there?

2000 we had an F4 tear though downtown Ft. Worth and move throgh Arlington during Rush Hour. Sill not as bad as the F5 that went through Jerrell Texas about 8 years ago. It actually sucked the concrete slabs out of the ground!

Yeah, up here in Minnesota, we're at the top end of Tornado alley. We'll start getting them really quick now.

I remember back in 92, we had a big one come through my small town of Cokato. It hopped, hitting every other house in a straight line clear through town. Lifting off roofs, it removed a garage and left the car sitting untouched, demolished a few houses... It was rather shocking yet exciting for me, being a 3rd grader at the time.

We had them here in Missouri/Kansas last week. That time of year again.

I always dreamt of chasing a tornado, I know in real life the tornado will be chasing my sorry a$$
    Jean-Pierre Abboud / I'm the TekGURU
    www.Gotekky.com / Managed hosting solutions / AS63447
    Web Hosting, VPS Hosting, Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by Camp2Win
    Glad I live in Michigan, no ternadors
    We have tornados.

i live in illinois, and i'm not excited about tornado season lol

last year's season sucked. almost every week we'd have an "almost-tornado" and the sirens would go off. i generally don't pay too much attention to the sirens...but there was a couple times where it was nasty enough outside that i gathered the cats up and put em in the bathroom and hunkered down in the central hallway.
    Marion Morris
    Gravity Squared Media
    Design and Multimedia Solutions

I live in a "tornado-proned" area. And I too am happy to see that it is again tornado season. Unfortunately this year we have only had one THUNDERSTORM so far. I hope it gets better than that!
    You are unique, just like everyone else.

Originally posted by mikeylove
    We have tornados.
    I dont. I live near lake michigan so the dunes deflect them. There has never been a tornado where I live, or atleast in the past 100 years.

Oddfact, I just heard the weather report of a tornado touching down in SE Tarrant County today. It seems Cedar Hill was also getting hammered. I recall a few years back of getting a weird vibe about that one tornado that hit the skyscrapers in Ft Worth. I even told my grandma that a tornado would touch down on that day, but ever since I haven't been getting that vibe.
    Kerry Jones

I'll keep my hurricanes.

Tornandos can touch down at anytime.

Earthquakes and happen at any time - and you can't run!

Hurricanes take days/weeks to arrive and you have plenty of time to run and hide.

tornados are quite friendly rob... just kidding.

tornados don't happen in the area I live Rob and overall i'm quite safe. If your scared of a tornado and you live in Texas the best thing to do is find a ditch if your outside or hop in the bathtub with pillows or a small matress. I'm told an entire house could be ripped apart, but the bathroom is rarely damaged due to the pipes.
    Kerry Jones

Tornado season is fun. Its really fun being outside watching the HeadWall Cloud coming as the sky turns bright green (signs of a tornado). Watching the lightning above, the clouds swirling, the starts of funnel clouds... all very cool!

I dont. I live near lake michigan so the dunes deflect them. There has never been a tornado where I live, or atleast in the past 100 years.
    southeast michigan has um.

I'm in south west, on Lake Michigan.

Originally posted by Odd Fact
    2000 we had an F4 tear though downtown Ft. Worth and move throgh Arlington during Rush Hour. Sill not as bad as the F5 that went through Jerrell Texas about 8 years ago. It actually sucked the concrete slabs out of the ground!
    That F5 just missed us by about a mile or so here in Oklahoma City. The devastation was astounding.