Bad Hosting from Servage.net

These guys seemingly have a great package, but the fraudulant claim of 165gb of transfer per month is very misleading. The 165 per month is divided up to a daily amount, so if you go over 5.5gb of transfer monthly, they will take your site offline, without notice. I have received many chargebacks from this terrible experience. This has happened 3 times in the last 2 months, and I am switching as of today. Their support team is comprised of a group of kids who still ride on the short bus. Take my advice and stay as far away from them as possible.

Well, when you sign up for a service that offers unrealistic amounts of space & bandwidth for such a small price, you'll have expect such things.

I just read through the page where it describes the package, they have a little disclaimer with the bandiwdth saying they'll terminate your account without refund if you actually use the bandwidth promisd. (Obviously, I'm paraphrasing.)

I'm so upset with that, what hosting company puts on their front page 165gb/mo then says that you have to divide that by 30 and make a daily one? They are a joke.

I just need to clarify a bit here. All customers are able to use 5.5 Gb per day or 165 Gb in a normal 30 day month. In a 29 day month customers are able to use 159.5 Gb and a 31 day month will allow 170.5 Gb monthly transfer. If the daily allowance is exceeded the site will be taken ofline until the next day.

IMO 165 monthly traffic or 5.5 Gb per day is a fair limit. We have to enforce this limit to protect our good customers from bandwidth abuse – we would love to just allow unlimited traffic but it is just not possible.

As per per our terms of service we are allowed to take sites offline when they exceed their transfer limit.
    Last edited by servage-stef; 04-25-2005 at 06:05 PM.
    Steffan,
    Servage.net | Affordable Clustered Hosting

Right, "bandwidth abuse". Explain to me how I would abuse an alloted amount per month. I'm not asking for "unlimited traffic" I would just like the amount that you advertise. Everyone should take a look at the servage webpage and see how misleading that actually is. It's nice to see a ton of chargebacks on my paysite that I use to put me through grad school. I don't expect sympathy from servage though, I really don't expect anything with lack of service and care I've received. Don't be fooled servage provides a terrible service.

I did not write that you are abusing your bandwidth – I’m just pointing out that we can not allow customers to use more bandwidth than what they paid for.

I have looked over your ticket history and can see that our customer service has answered all of your queries politely and correctly. Making all sorts of threats and using abusive language does not change the fact that you are allowed to use 5.5 Gb per day on a standard account.
    Steffan,
    Servage.net | Affordable Clustered Hosting

Just curious, how many hosts divide the monthly bandwidth into daily allocations? That could be quite scary considering some days you would use very little, and then one or two days a month you have a bit of a spike and *poof* your site is offline

Even if you check data transfer on a daily basis, you should atleast not advertise 165 GB monthly transfer (without any * or conditions apply).

Should be better for your customers if you can state that 5.5 is daily limit on the main page itself.. just a suggestion
    Wholesale Domain Prices for Retail Customers - Rushtoweb.com

Yeah I agree there should be a disclaimer, but I don't see any problem with the way they limit the use. As long as it's specified.

the one thing I'd say is in that grafic it should say "UP TO" 165GB. reason being, even if they did staty inside the 5.5 you couldn't get 165 on short months (as you pointed out).

That should be clarified. i don't think it'd cost much business. If it's not something you'd change it points more to deceptive advertising.

It is mentioned in the TOS, but it should be clearly stated where they have their BIG 165GB advertised on the main page also, something like *subject to our TOS. If you click on the "?" of the plan of 165GM, it is not mentioned there. javascriptpenpopup('http://www.servage.net/whatis/?item=transfer')
    Bandwidth and Disk Usage:
    Customer agrees that bandwidth and disk usage shall not exceed the number of megabytes per month for the Services ordered by Customer on the Order Form and must be fairly distributed over the month. Customers are able to use 5.5 Gb daily or 165 Gb in a normal 30 day month. A 29 day month provides 159.5 Gb transfer and a 31 day month will allow a total of 170.5 Gb transfer. Servage will monitor Customer's bandwidth and disk usage. Servage shall have the right to take corrective action if Customer's bandwidth or disk usage exceeds the Agreed Usage. Such corrective action may include the assessment of additional charges, disconnection or discontinuance of any and all Services, or termination of this Agreement, which actions may be taken is in Servage's sole and absolute discretion. If Servage takes any corrective action under this section, Customer shall not be entitled to a refund of any fees paid in advance prior to such action.

I cant help but notice servage trying to out do powweb for a long time.

REad this topic

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...hreadid=293527

^My Gripe with servage^
    I could tell you a joke about UDP. But I'm not sure you would get it!